Sunday, November 13, 2011

Then I Shall Have to Make You Wings

15. Things that make you really sad.


  • Leaving Lydia at other people's houses to go to work used to make me really sad. I would almost cry as I walked out the door, hearing her crying and knowing she is wanting me. But, Lydia's crying has always made me really sad. Leah used to tease me that as soon as Lydia made even the slightest whine, I would immediately pick her up. Whenever Lydia got upset (especially when she was tiny), I would also get upset and tell her she's "breaking my heart". I think that hearing your child cry - when they're genuinely upset - is the saddest thing.
  • When other people aren't very nice to me. I recently experienced this and to think that someone didn't like me enough to be mean - when they didn't even really know me - made me just cry and cry! I could barely keep it in. I don't like being mean to others and I really don't like it when others are mean to me. I believe myself to be pretty likable and try to make myself likable to others, so when someone is deliberately mean, it makes me sad.
  • Whenever I watch those home videos when the military man returns home to his children - that always makes me tear up!
  • I was watching ONCE UPON A TIME (new show on TV) recently and Snow White had to first have her newborn baby taken away from her and then she discovered her (supposedly) dead husband - that made me really sad. Mainly because I have a husband and a baby and even the thought of losing them makes me extremely sad.
Enough about sad things! 
Last night I decided to turn Lydia's crib into more of a "bed". I have only recently put a blanket in her crib (after she was 12 months) and have never had anything else in there (except her baby doll). But, the past few nights she has been waking up a lot and her feet are always cold in the mornings, since she always takes off her socks. She never stayed in one place in the crib (her positions were always funny), so her blanket never stayed on. So, last night I put a pillow at one end of her crib and tucked her princess quilt in at the end and had her sleep as if she's in a bed. When she fell asleep last night, she was at the end of her bed, on top of the quilt. She woke up quite often last night - perhaps getting used to this idea of a quilt and pillow.
I so desperately want to take a picture of her right now sleeping in her crib! She is asleep with her head on the pillow and is covered by the quilt! Super cute! Maybe tonight she will sleep better. I told Brian we can't go in every time she cries (even when she's crying for her pacifier) because that just encourages her to cry for us if she wakes up a bit instead of putting herself back to sleep. And, she needs to get used to not sleeping with a pacifier, since we're taking it away at the end of this month.
Oh, and I have a funny Lydia story. Brian, Lydia and I went on a long walk yesterday afternoon with Lydia's baby doll and stroller. On our way back to our house, Lydia wanted to stop off at Leah and Jessie's to say hi. Unfortunately, Leah and Jessie weren't home at the time. Lydia didn't understand this and started to throw a fit! She threw down her baby stroller, attacked one of Leah's bushes, and rolled on the ground. I let her throw the fit and then crouched down to her level and asked her if she needed a hug (this always works). During the hug I told her I was sorry Leah wasn't home, but does she want to go to her house and make spaghetti for dinner? Lydia nodded yes and we were off. It was very funny to see how upset she was over Leah and Jessie not being home! She loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment