Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Will Simply Deny You the Crown...and Live Forever!

Halloween was so much fun this year! I usually do not like this holiday. I get scared easily, don't care too much for candy, and don't like going door to door. But, Lydia definitely made it fun! Last year she was so little, she had no idea what was going on or why I put her in a lamb costume.
I was worried Lydia would be afraid of the people dressed in costumes and wouldn't want to go up to doors. But, she had a blast! She wore her princess dress, her pink crown from her birthday, and her squeaky shoes. She carried her princess basket (that was also her Easter basket), and we put her in the wagon. We went to my mom's neighborhood and took Thomas along with us (since he wanted to trick-or-treat, too). I thought Lydia would cry when we took her out of the wagon, but she was excited to run up to people and have candy put in her basket.
Of course, she has never really seen so much candy, and wanted to hold it in her hands instead of carrying it around in her basket. She was often distracted by the candy and would forget to walk to the next house. After the second house, she didn't want to get in the wagon, so she just walked along behind it. The only house she didn't want to go up to was one decorated like a haunted house - she wouldn't even go up the driveway! 
Towards the end, she wanted to PULL the wagon. We decided to head back home when this happened because she was no longer walking up to houses and was more interested in pulling the wagon than anything else. We made it back to my parent's cul-de-sac, and Lydia insisted on pulling the wagon around their road. Abram was there and quickly joined in on the wagon fun. Eventually, Brian had to hide the wagon in my dad's truck so Lydia couldn't find anymore.
My parents had their fire pit set up in their driveway and we toasted (or roasted?) s'mores. Lydia didn't start getting fussy until almost 9:00, so we got to stay for a long while. When we got home, I put Lydia to bed and then Brian and I headed to bed! It was such a fun evening!
The best thing about having a baby is that you get to re-experience all the wonders of each new holiday.





No comments:

Post a Comment