17. Your highs and lows of this past year.
Highs:
- Moving out of the house we shared with Leah & Jessie and into our own house (across the street) - it's been about a year since we've moved.
- Getting together with my childhood girlfriends at the wedding in Georgia.
- Lydia turning 1!
- Brian getting rehired as a 6th grade math teacher.
- Closing Family Infant Home Care and getting a part-time job at the preschool.
- Teaching piano lessons.
- Leah's baby's birth.
- Meeting new friends.
Lows:
- Budgeting...everything.
I'm not big on remembering the "lows" of this past year. I like to always think of the positive things that happen.
In other news...
I get to host Thanksgiving Lunch this year at my house! Wednesday we are celebrating Nellie's 21st birthday with our traditional birthday dinner at my parent's house. Thursday we are doing the Turkey Trot in the morning and then serving meals to needy people in the afternoon. So, we're doing Thanksgiving on Friday. Leah is also hosting her first Thanksgiving at her house on Thursday for the Carabajals. Leah and Jessie will be coming to my house on Friday for some more yummy Thanksgiving food.
My mom is bringing the Rudy's turkey, twice-baked potatoes (my favorite), and dinner rolls. I will provide everything else. I still haven't decided what that "everything" else will be. I know I'll need to make stuffing, and Brian wants to grill corn on the cob. But what else should I make? One year we also had macaroni and cheese with our meal (and so did the preschool on Friday), which would be yummy. I'll either make a dessert or two or buy something.
I recently went to Grandy's house and went through Grammy's old tablecloths and linen napkins. I just love that stuff and I don't have any of my own. I am excited about using them for my Thanksgiving meal. I know it will be casual, since I don't have enough matching plates and will have to borrow chairs. But, it will be so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment