Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Break

We have had such a fun, family-filled Thanksgiving Break and we don't want it to end!

Monday:
I was able to get a free ticket to Sea World for Leah, so we headed to Sea World with Adah and Lydia for the day. I thought the park opened at 10:00, so we got there right before 11:00, only to find out it opened at 12:00! But, the problem was easily solved by heading over to McDonald's (it's a good thing I have free parking) and having lunch before we went back to the park.
Lydia had a blast at the Bay of Play - she loves the merry-go-round and the "fish" ride (that spins). We also let her play at the little park there and we watched an Elmo show. Lydia and Adah napped while we went to look at the penguins and then we watched the Shamu Christmas show and Lydia really enjoyed watching Shamu jump in the water! We spent about 4 hours there and then headed home.



Tuesday:
BSF was switched to Tuesday this week because of Thanksgiving, so I was able to go! I got to see the classroom and the teachers Lydia spends her Wednesday mornings with, which was great. As a guest, I was able to listen to the lecture, but not join in during the discussion group. I really enjoyed the speaker and the lesson.
Mom and I went to Chick-fil-a afterwards and Lydia enjoyed her yummy chicken nuggets and fries.

Wednesday:
Brian is off for the rest of the week! It has been so great to have him home for so long. He and Lydia are really having a blast together. Wednesday morning we headed to HEB early to pick up Thanksgiving meal food and supplies for the next week. We dropped off the food and then headed over to The Rim for Christmas present shopping. We've made a really good start and I can't wait to finish everyone's presents!
We celebrated Nellie's 21st birthday with a dinner and Rock Band. It was great that the whole family was able to be there for her birthday. We had yummy enchiladas and cheesecake. 



Thursday:
We woke up at 6:30 and started getting ready for the Turkey Trot at MacAllister Park. We got there around 8:00 and managed to find a really good parking spot. We were checked in and ready to go before the 9:00 start. It was a 4 mile walk through the trails and it was really crowded. But, I enjoyed the walk (we went ahead of everyone) and Lydia was really good. We did the walk in about 1 hour. 
Lydia and I took a 2 hour nap when we got home and then mom, Grandy, Marc, Rekeisha and I headed downtown to the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center to be the clean-up crew for their Thanksgiving Meal they provide for the needy. There were a lot of volunteers, so the work got done quickly. I thought I would be in so much pain from all the chair stacking and pushing, but I'm doing pretty good.

Friday:
Friday was our Thanksgiving. Brian and I got up early to clean the house and Brian ran our to get some ice cream. We had the table all set and food ready to be heated up by the time everyone showed up at 1:00. I had everyone write down what they were thankful for and then we put the paper in a bowl. During lunch, I read out each paper and everyone tried to guess who wrote it - it was fun. Before the lunch, I also had everyone draw their version of the first Thanksgiving. All the pictures turned out great!
I had all the food on the table and everyone sitting down by 2:00 (my goal). We enjoyed a yummy Rudy's turkey, stuffing, corn on the cob, corn, green beans, twice-baked potatoes, rolls, and grape jello. Everything was so yummy! Lydia had chicken nuggets, corn and applesauce for her Thanksgiving meal, haha. We ate half of the turkey and mostly everything else, which is great! I can't wait to have my leftover turkey sandwich for lunch.
After lunch, we played Rock Band, goop, boggle, and phase 10 before most of the guests headed out. Leah, Jessie, and Adah stayed until late, chatting. Lydia went to bed a little after 7:00 - she was worn out from all the excitement!



Saturday:
Brian let me sleep in until after 9:00 this morning, which was awesome (especially since we went to bed late and Lydia woke up several times last night). I am disappointed that it is rainy and wet outside, since we were planning on going to the Fiesta Farm with mom and Leah. Oh well. I also wanted to take our family photos today, but it's too wet outside.
Tonight we have Adah's Baby Dedication at church! She'll be wearing the same dress Lydia wore for her dedication last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment