Friday, November 11, 2011

I Know Exactly How You Feel

14. What gives you everyday inspiration?


Hmm...

Lydia inspires me to wake up every morning. Partly because she's either screaming or being noisy in her crib, and partly because I can't wait to see her and give her hugs and kisses after missing her all night. I feel like my life has a purpose when I'm taking care of her. There is someone other than myself to feed, clothe, entertain, care for, love. Sometimes my days can seem pretty routine - like when I worked at Bright Horizons and everyday seemed the same. But, with Lydia, everyday is different: she's always learning something new, we go on new adventures. Everyday is an adventure for Lydia!
Brian inspires me to work hard at my job and to enjoy my job. He is such a hardworking teacher and is very dedicated. He leaves at 6:30 in the morning and doesn't get home until 5:00, yet he's more than happy to help take over Lydia's care, help with dinner, set the table, and even clean up! He does bath time and bedtime. He loves teaching, he loves his family.
God inspires me to live everyday to it's fullest. I have been so blessed with an amazing family, an amazing husband and daughter. We live in a house, we have food on the table and clothes in our closets. There may be hard days and sad days, but the Lord always gives us the happy times - the times we remember the most. When I think back on our car accident last year, the thing I remember the most is how much everyone stepped up to help us - random witnesses at the crash site, all the amazing doctors and nurses, my family, Brian. But most of all, I think about God's love. He kept us safe, He kept Lydia safe, and He brought us through.



No comments:

Post a Comment