This morning Brian and I woke up tired! I had a hard time falling asleep last night - lots to think about - and Lydia woke Brian up three times during the night to be tucked in. Plus, Gideon woke up around midnight (he never wakes that early) and again at 4:00. I took him to bed with me at 4 - because he was on his back when I went to get him. Which means he managed to roll over...uhoh. New milestones are always fun, except when they interrupt good sleeping habits! Thankfully he went right to sleep in bed, cuddled up against me. Of course, when Brian got up and started moving around the room, Gideon decided it was a good time to wake up, too.
Everyone in the Pfeiffer house was up by 6:30 this morning. Lydia came in asking to watch her iPad, Gideon was awake talking to himself in bed, Brian was up and dressed and about to leave for work, and I needed to take a shower and get ready for preschool pictures. Thankfully Gideon was very content in my bed and then in his bouncer while I got ready. He was even good when I got Lydia ready and we were able to leave for the preschool a little after 8:15, which was my goal! Go me!
Lydia loved seeing all the teachers at the preschool and giving hugs to everyone. And she loved showing Baby Gideon off. After pictures (I just get a teacher picture) we headed home. I sent Lydia off to relax in her room (since she had gotten up so early, gone to bed late, and then woken up several times during the night) while I attempted to put Gideon down for a nap. This boy! He is so tired but won't fall asleep when you want him to! I ended up putting him in his crib (after rocking him for about 45 minutes), put a pacifier in his mouth (which he usually doesn't need), and patted his back until he fell asleep (took about 5 minutes). Then he slept and slept and slept!
Lydia and I had an early lunch around 11:00, then I started packing up and getting ready for Six Flags! I ended up having to wake Gideon up for us to leave around noon. We met up with Leah, Adah and Jaron and headed up to the water park. The kiddie area is up a ton of stairs (or ramps for us stroller-pushers) and we were super hot by the time we made it to the top. Lydia loves, loves, loves the water park at Six Flags. She got almost brave enough to go in the playground area and almost went down one of the water slides. But, she didn't quite manage that just yet. My mom joined us with Abram and the three kiddos had a blast playing together.
Gideon was really good. He liked the water for awhile but then got tired and took a super long nap. Then we played in the water again. When we got back from Six Flags, he was the only one in a super happy mood! I had a headache from the heat (the long walk to the car - pushing a stroller - wore me out) and Lydia was completely worn out. Daddy made a quick dinner of spaghetti and we watched a silly Tarzan movie (not the Disney one).
Lydia and Gideon had a quick shower and then went right to bed. Hopefully both of them will sleep all night long and give us a good nights sleep as well!
Gideon is 3 Months Old!
How did this happen? Where did my teensy tiny baby go? The months are going by way too quickly for me!
At 3 Months:
- you smile at people a lot. Although you are usually pretty serious (you seem to analyze everything), your silly side comes out every once in awhile. I love your precious, gummy smiles! I have even gotten you to laugh - not belly laughs yet, but some giggles.
- you love looking at your hands and feet. You often put your hands together and stare at them. You have started grabbing your feet. And you like to suck and chew on your fingers.
- you are very easy-going. Nothing like your sister. You are a go-with-the-flow type of guy. You are up for anything. You will nap anywhere and love looking around while shopping or walking around.
- you don't like the car seat. You will cry and cry as soon as the car stops. But, once it starts going again, you are perfectly happy. This makes Sonic trips tricky.
- you love being held! As long as someone is holding you, you are perfectly content. Lydia used to only like it when I held her, but you enjoy everyone!
- you can hold your head really steady and look around, even when being worn in the K'Tan. You love to stand and sit. When you lay on the ground (whether your tummy or back) you can move around. You are always in a different spot in your crib than where I put you.
- you love the airplane mobile we have hanging above your bed. I can put you in your crib and you will stare at those airplanes for the longest time.
- you love getting dressed. Good thing, too, because I love dressing you up! You don't like lotion being put on, though!
- you love your big sister! Most babies cry when little kids hold them, but not you! You love it when Lydia holds you and plays with you. Sometimes she can be a little overwhelming, but you usually smile and grab at her.
- you are a great nurser. You love to eat all. the. time. Whenever you get fussy, I just start nursing and you love it. Sometimes you have a big meal, and sometimes you have a little snack.
- you are a great sleeper! Although it can be tough putting you down for a nap, you will sleep most of the night in your crib. Usually you sleep from about 7:30 to 3 or 4 and then until 6:30 or 7:30. A big difference from your sister who was a terrible sleeper (but a great napper...hmm..)!
- we all think you look just like Daddy!
I forgot to take a 3 month picture...but hopefully will remember tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment