Wednesday, August 12, 2015

It is Possible, I Will Continue Making Hilarious Mistakes

What's Up Wednesday (or Life Lately)


I am, once again, not wearing anything interesting today. I am still in my pajamas...and so are Lydia and Gideon. Brian left this morning for an iPad training at school, but will be back around 12:30. Then we will head to my mom's house for some swimming - and I will probably join in today. Lydia swam in the pool for over two hours yesterday - straight! This girl would swim all day, every day if I let her.
Both kiddos slept really, really well last night. Gideon slept from about 7:45 to 6:00!! I brought him to bed with me, he talked and played for about 45 minutes and then fell back asleep until almost 9. I love that I have a snuggle-er and a great sleeper. Hopefully his sleep patterns will stay this way.

Anyway, instead of showing you a picture of my pjs....I will write about what life has been like lately.


For our birthday, my mom took all the girls out to Painting with a Twist. My mom had done this before, but none of the rest of has had. It was so much fun! The instructor was really nice and really good at showing what we were supposed to do. I like how we all painted the same picture, but everyone's turned out differently. (And, yes, I used a stencil for my Texas and still managed to mess it up!) Unfortunately, Painting with a Twist is addicting and I want to go again. Next time, I want to take Brian and do a couple's painting. That would be awesome.


The other day was National Twin Day! Leah and I have always been close and now we're even closer as we go through motherhood together. We have been walking in the mornings (most mornings anyway) with the kiddos and never run out of things to say to each other. We had fun when we worked together at the Home Care, and now we're enjoying time having play dates and get togethers. It's really fun watching our sweet kiddos grow up together!


We sold our red IKEA couch and bought a leather couch from an online garage sale on Facebook. We first bought the red couch when we moved into this house 4 years ago. I thought it was great - we could take the cover off it and wash it. Then Lydia got older, and we got a dog...and it was annoying washing the cover (takes forever to dry). And I envied my parent's and Leah's leather couches. So, I started searching and searching for one online. One evening I was randomly on the Facebook garage sale and saw this couch for only $125!!! What a steal! I was the first one to comment on it - sweet! Brian and my dad headed over the next day to take a look at it and it looked really great. Thankfully we were also able to sell our red couch right away - for $200! We made a profit. I like that this couch is smaller, too. The living room seems a lot bigger. Brian is working on building two side tables to go with the couch.


 We didn't head to the Twins Days Festival this year. Since we both had babies under the age of one, we decided to stay home instead of taking them with us. My mom kept our hotel reservation until the last week in case we decided to go. Oh well. The festival is always a lot of fun, especially hanging out with Leah and my mom. Our favorite part of the festival is the research tents (we can make some good money) and the food trucks - yummy! We plan on going next year.


Lydia spends most of her days at my parent's pool. Thankfully they live just down the road (two houses down), so she can go over any time. My dad and Brian just added on the jumping deck and Lydia has had a blast jumping! She's getting braver and braver. She even swims under the water now. One day this girl may have to join a swim team!


Lydia usually doesn't like it when I play the piano. But, I got her to film me for a bit and she just started singing. I'm really impressed that she recognized the song...and she tries to stay in tune! Plus, when she missed the start of the verse the second time, she knew when to come in. Lydia constantly impresses me with her musical knowledge! 

We have only a few more days with Daddy at home all the time. Brian heads back to school next week, and then the week after that, school starts! Just a few more days to have fun with Lydia before she is a Kindergartner!

No comments:

Post a Comment