Thursday, August 27, 2015

Oh, We Can Go Round and Round. Do It Again.

Throwback Thursday





Throwback to that time when Brian and I didn't have any kids....when we could take selfies and pictures of ourselves (and man, we looked good!). Back before my Facebook albums were filled with pictures of babies and kid activities and crafts. Back when Brian would say, "Hey, let's go on a date." And I was like "Where and when?" And he was like, "Anywhere and anytime!" Those were the days.

Today was Day Four of Kindergarten. Drop-off is getting much better and so is pick-up. She still claims she doesn't want to go to school, but doesn't throw a fit or fuss much when I drop her off. I still walk in with her to drop her off in the cafeteria, and I walk to the sidewalk to pick her up (instead of waiting in the car with a screaming baby). I am definitely "living for the weekend". Maybe Lydia will sleep in?
The afternoons are a little long and slow for Lydia. She wants to keep active so she doesn't drift off to sleep. We would go and swim, but today we didn't. I "played" (aka sat and talked to her) in her room this afternoon, but that just wasn't enough. She wanted Daddy to play ball outside (it's like 100 degrees outside), or someone to constantly be entertaining her. She even admitted that she was worried about falling asleep. 
But, she's usually in a good mood in the evenings. After dinner, she will take a bath or shower, we'll read books, sing songs and then both kiddos are in bed and asleep before 7:30. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment