22. How have you changed in the past two years?
Let's see, two years ago it was 2009. This time two years ago, Brian and I were living with Leah and Jessie across the street and I was just barely pregnant with Lydia (just starting to show a bit). I was working full-time at a day care and Brian was working at the bank. Right now, I'd probably be dreading working on Christmas Eve, but happy that I never had to spend the whole day at work, since a lot of kiddos were going on vacation (although there were the few who were still there from open to close, even during the holidays!). Most of my thoughts were centered on the baby I was carrying (and hoping it was a girl...haha), wishing I didn't have to work full time, and wondering if we'd get enough babies to start up our own childcare center.
Now, I'm working part-time at a preschool, have a house of our own, and spend most of my time with my precious baby, Lydia. I'm excited about two whole weeks off for Christmas vacation! Most of my thoughts are centered on Lydia (her behavior, pacifiers, sleeping, etc), the house, and finances. When I think back to two years ago and I was working full time and had to work over the holidays, I am so thankful that this year I don't have to work as much or during the holidays!
Anyway...today was a frustrating day with Lydia. Despite waking up several times last night, she was up by 6:15 this morning. We went to HEB early this morning, since I wanted to catch Josh Groban on Live with Kelly at 9:00. We made it home by 9:15! I cleaned while watching TV and then Leah dropped Adah off around 10:40. Adah went to sleep around 11:30 and Lydia went down for a nap at 12:00. Leah picked Adah up and chatted for a bit.
The morning was easy, but once Lydia woke up at 2:15 and was fussy, the frustration began. After a snack, I thought she'd like to go for a walk with her baby and stroller. It was a battle get her out the door, since she didn't seem to understand what I was trying to ask her to do. Finally, we were headed down the street and all was going well. Then, at the cul-de-sac, she wanted to walk in the street and when I didn't let her, she threw a fit! I ended up picking her up and carrying her and the stroller back home, with Lydia screaming the whole way. I was so frustrated and embarrassed, I put her in a time out for screaming and so I could calm down. We snuggled for a bit and she was better. We ended up going on a walk with Lydia in the stroller.
I made a yummy lasagna for dinner and had it in the oven during my piano lesson. Lydia was pretty good during the lesson. But, once we sat down for dinner, that's when the real screaming began. She happily ate all her applesauce, but when I asked her to eat her lasagna, she decided to throw a tantrum. She wouldn't even taste it! And, I know she'd like it - she's had it before and likes the Chef Bourardee lasagna. We had her sit there while we were still eating and she screamed the whole time. She got so mad, she started throwing her lasagna! She finally ate once we started singing songs. Why all the tantrums?! She loves pasta, she just decided she wasn't going to eat it! Very frustrating!
No comments:
Post a Comment