Sunday, December 4, 2011

Prayers

Sometimes - no, all the time - I am amazed and in awe when God answers prayers. It's amazing to think that He really does care about someone as insignificant as me. God answers a lot of my prayers, but it's awesome when it happens right away.
I seem to be constantly worrying that I'm not following God's plan for my life. It's not that I'm not trying to follow His plan, it's just that sometimes it doesn't seem like the right path. I've posted about our financial situation before. It's not that we're desperate for money, it's just that we don't have much extra to do "fun" things with - no movies, no extra shopping trips, no splurges on ourselves. Which, in the long run, isn't a bad thing. We have plenty of money to pay the bills and buy the things we need. We are comfortable. But, sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be more than comfortable.
Last night, I went to church (Brian stayed home to put up Christmas decorations) and listened to David Robinson preach. He definitely talks in a simple, easy-to-understand way. But, when I look at him and know that he makes as much as Brian does in a year in one basketball game, it just amazes me. I know he works hard and earned the position he is in, but it always amazes me that people can make so much money just by playing a sport! Anyway, during prayer time, I talked with a God for a long while about leading us in the right direction (financially), helping us to have faith that everything will work out, etc. This is something that has really been on my mind lately and I finally managed to be able to sit and talk through it with God.
Anyway, when I got home that night,  Brian immediately says, "I have some good news." USAA sent us a check for over $300, saying that we had been overpaying on our Escrow account! Then, this morning, Brian tells me that we got our electric bill and it was for $-15...they used our initial deposit to pay the bill, and we must have used less than the deposit...so we don't have to pay anything this month! Isn't amazing how God has helped us out during this Christmas season?!

No comments:

Post a Comment