Lydia is 18 months old! I can't believe it's been a year and a half since she was born. Time flies when you are having fun!
Lydia had her doctor's appointment today at 1:00. It's a good thing I really love our pediatrician, because her appointment was at 1:00. We got there at 12:40 and were sent back right before 1:00 for Lydia to get her measurements done...then we waited and waited and waited. I was told that the doctor hadn't even arrived yet! And there would be someone seen before us! Finally, by 1:45, our doctor came in. I really do like this doctor. He is willing to explain everything and answers all your questions, never making you feel rushed. Lydia's official weigh in is at 20 lbs 12 oz (6%) and her height is about 31.5 inches (55%). He says she's looking good and isn't at all concerned about her weight, although he said to go ahead and give her extra calories. She's just tall and skinny! The doctor says she looks super healthy! Lydia didn't even cry when he was examining her (usually I have to hold her arms down and hold her tight in my lap). She was so well behaved! She got one shot, but barely even cried. And even though we waited forever, she did great (without a pacifier!).
I was worried the doctor would be concerned about Lydia's speech...since she's not saying 7 words. But, he wasn't concerned at all! I'm glad because Lydia will start talking when she's ready. I'm also glad she's starting to attempt to say words we ask her to say, instead of just staring at us or shaking her head. We'll make progress quickly, I'm sure.
Lydia is so attached to her baby and the baby's stroller...we have to take it EVERYWHERE! We had to take it to the doctor's today and she screamed when I didn't let her take the stroller inside. But, at HEB, she was happy that I let her take her baby with her. Of course, she always chooses the babydoll without clothes on to take along with her. She has three or four others that are fully dressed, but she likes the one she had me take the clothes off of! When we went to mom's house last week, Leah's house on Monday and Keisha's house on Tuesday, we took the baby and the stroller with us. She is constantly pushing it around the house. She also wants us to "babysit" her baby...by handing us the baby and then walking away, and then coming back to get it.
This morning I was cleaning the kitchen and washing down the cupboards. She got the sponge out of her water table and started cleaning the cupboard with me! At the doctor's office she wanted a tissue and started wiping down the chairs and the floor. She is constantly doing what I do. She loves to watch me put on makeup, and will attempt to do so, as well (I have to hide the things she can open on her own). She brushes her hair and tries to put the clippies in on her own. We saw her pushing the toy vacuum around at Sunday School. She likes to empty the dishwasher and put the tupperware away. She definitely learns by observation.
We've been working on shapes and puzzles lately and she is so good! She can figure out the right holes to put the square and circle in in her shape sorter bucket, but has a hard time with the triangle and the star. She loves her big wooden puzzles and can put all the pieces right where they go. She has started attempting more animal sounds. Now she'll say "mmmm" for "moo" and "neeee" for "neigh". She almost says "Gabba" when she wants to watch Yo Gabba Gabba" (it comes out more like "Gada"). She loves looking at her books that have big, bright pictures in them. She'll point to each picture until we tell her what it is. I will often find her in her room, sitting on the floor, reading books.
It's just amazing at how much she has learned in a year and a half! I love watching her grow, but when I look at her baby pictures I always get sad, remembering how tiny she was. I can't wait for another year and a half!
No comments:
Post a Comment