This is my first time writing a blog. So many of my friends have blogs and I love being able to keep up with them through their blogs. So, I decided to give it a try!
I am a stay-at-home mom, but I also run a home daycare with my sister. It's open Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 6:30pm (sometimes later). I am exhausted, but happy. I love being able to stay at home with my baby and contributing to the family finances. I sometimes wish I could just be at home with my baby, but then wonder what I would do all day. I enjoy taking care of the other babies and love that Lydia is able to be around other children her age. My day is hectic and I'm tired at the end of the day, but I'm enjoying life.
My daily schedule is something like this (Lydia's schedule included):
6:00-6:45am: force myself out of bed to get ready for the day (I usually end up getting up around 6:15)
6:45-7:00am: Leah and I get the center ready for the day; I get Lydia up and dressed
7:00-8:00am: the babies start to arrive (we usually have 5 by 8:00); I nurse Lydia
8:00-8:30am: breakfast for the babies and for us
8:30-9:00am: playtime; Lydia goes down for her morning nap
9:00-10:00am: snack time and more playtime; if Lydia doesn't wake up on her own, I wake her up a little before 10:00
10:00-10:45am: playtime outside (weather permitting); Lydia gets her breast milk bottle (about 2.5 oz)
10:45-11:15am: lunchtime and clean up; Lydia goes down for her late morning nap
11:15-11:30am: getting the babies to sleep
11:30-12:30pm: we get to eat lunch and relax while the babies sleep; I pump; one or two wake up after an hour
12:30-1:30pm: the babies get up and we have snack; Lydia wakes up and is nursed
1:30-2:30pm: playtime; Lydia goes down for her afternoon nap around 2:30
2:30-4:00pm: snack time, playtime, then the babies go down for another nap; Lydia wakes up and is nursed
4:00-6:00pm: babies are picked up slowly throughout the afternoon, they get another snack around 5:00; Brian comes home and takes Lydia; we start dinner and clean up
6:00-7:00pm: all the babies are picked up and we finish cleaning up the center and finish up dinner
7:00-7:30pm: we eat dinner and play with Lydia; Lydia gets a bath and then ready for bed
7:30-8:00pm: Lydia gets stories and songs, nurses, and is put to bed
8:00-9:00pm: mommy and daddy time
9:00-9:30pm: sleep!
It's a busy day, but I enjoy it! The weekends are slower; we usually can convince Lydia to sleep until 8:00. I like to go on "adventures" on the weekends. These can include shopping, parks, swimming, etc. We usually go over to my mom and dads on Sundays after church.
That's probably long enough for my first blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment