Brian and I recently started talking about our goals for next year. Here's a few:
- Owning/Renting our own house: We've lived with Leah and Jessie in the "Springtime House" that my parents "flipped" in 2008. Leah and Jessie have the master bedroom and bathroom while Brian and I have the other side of the house, two small bedrooms and a bathroom. The Home Care is in the large living room and dining room, and then there's a small front room with our TV and couch. It's been great living with the Carabajals (my sister and I have always known we'd be good housemates, as long as we have our own rooms!), and the rent (to my parents) is great, too. But, after a year and a half, and with the addition of Lydia and the Home Care, we're ready to get our own house. I would like to stay in this neighborhood, just so we're close to Leah and Jessie, and my "commute" to work won't be a long one. I'm excited about decorating the house with "grown-up" furniture; no more mismatched college stuff. Plus, I want to decorate Lydia's nursery super cute! Right now, she's sharing with the computer room.
- New Car: I really want Brian to get a new car. His is older, squeals when it starts up, sometimes stalls when it's started up and the A/C doesn't always work. I would also like him to have a nicer and newer car since he's driving to and from New Braunfels every day. He wants to get a truck. I want a Honda CRV. Since he's the one who will drive it the most, he can get his truck first. I told him that a car seat has to fit in the back, and he's already found one he likes. I think we're going to wait until January to get the truck, though.
- New Furniture/Decorations: As I mentioned with the first goal, I want to decorate the house in a "grown-up" way. After we get a house, I plan on redoing one room a month (at least) so that it's nicely decorated, feels homey, and is "grown-up". I really want a new couch for the living room. A new piano for the sitting room would be nice, too, but that's a goal for way down the road!
Lydia did really well at the birthday party yesterday, although she's going through a faze where she only likes mommy to hold her and cries when others try to. She didn't do as well in her crib as I thought she would. She slept like she did in the bassinet. But, I did forget to change her diaper at 12:00 when she woke up. We're going to try NOT sleeping in the same room as her (we slept on the futon last night) and see how that goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment