Brian and I have found the "perfect" house. It's just across the street from our current home, has four bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, breakfast nook, dining room, front room, living room, washer and dryer, two car garage, and a huge backyard. I liked it when I walked past it a few months ago and saw the "for sale" sign out front. I liked it when I looked at the pictures online. And I really liked it when I got to walk around inside it. We're gradually starting the process of owning our own home. I can't believe how expensive homes are, or how long the process of buying a home is! This is all new to both of us, but luckily we have a good Realtor (my parent's friend) who is willing to walk us through the process. I wish we could just up and move into the house this weekend...but it takes much, much longer than that.
Just when we've decided to start looking into buying a house, which will then consist of house payments (much more expensive than the rent we currently pay), our youngest baby is leaving Family Infant Home Care. His unmarried parents (mom is 20, dad 36) are not getting a long, and dad isn't all she thought he'd be. So, mom is taking baby and moving to California. Which means, we're back to 5 babies. This 6th spot has been "cursed", as we like to say. Little R (the one who's leaving), was signed up to come to FIHC before he was even born, but then his mom backed out because of money and transportation issues the week before he was due. Then, we thought a little baby, Miley, was coming at the beginning of June, but her parents backed out the week she was supposed to start. Then, we thought we had found a baby in July, but she was 18 months old (and very tall) and we decided she wasn't a good fit for the center. Then, Little R came back to us, but after 2 months is leaving. We want to start looking for another baby to fill the spot, but at the same time, we are so comfortable with the 5 wonderful babies we have now. But, that extra tuition check a month would be very nice. We think we're going to set a certain time limit - such as the end of October - to find a baby (one that fits our specifications - 10 to 16 months old with parents we like). If we haven't found one by then, then we won't fill the 6th position, and just stick with our 5. Hopefully, if we're meant to have 6 babies, we'll find a good match by then.
Lydia has not joined us in our bed for two nights now. She goes to bed at 7:30, is dreamfed at 9:30, wakes up at 11:30. Brian pats her down, but she has woken up shortly after that, so I feed her and she's asleep again by 12:00. She wakes up again at 3:30 and I nurse her and put her back in her crib. Then she doesn't wake up again until 6:00 - 10 minutes before my alarm! I think I'm going to have Brian pat her down at 3:30 and maybe she'll sleep until 4:00 or 4:30, so she won't wake up until 6:30. At least she's only down to waking up twice a night now. Soon I won't even remember what it was like to wake up every few hours each night and will be enjoying a full nights sleep!
Lydia has not joined us in our bed for two nights now. She goes to bed at 7:30, is dreamfed at 9:30, wakes up at 11:30. Brian pats her down, but she has woken up shortly after that, so I feed her and she's asleep again by 12:00. She wakes up again at 3:30 and I nurse her and put her back in her crib. Then she doesn't wake up again until 6:00 - 10 minutes before my alarm! I think I'm going to have Brian pat her down at 3:30 and maybe she'll sleep until 4:00 or 4:30, so she won't wake up until 6:30. At least she's only down to waking up twice a night now. Soon I won't even remember what it was like to wake up every few hours each night and will be enjoying a full nights sleep!

No comments:
Post a Comment