I never imagined how long the process of buying a house could be! We made an offer on the house down the street, but it's too low of an offer. Before we go up in price, Brian and I are going to look at two other 4 bedroom houses in our neighborhood. These houses are lower in price (about the amount of the offer we made on the first house) and look nice from the pictures online. Of course, they don't come with as much - no washer/dryer, no refrigerator, etc. But, if it's lower in price, we can spend the money on new appliances. I look forward to looking at these new houses. Even though the house down the street is still "perfect" and we both like it, I convinced Brian to look at other houses before we offer a higher price. Maybe we'll end up really liking one of these two houses.
These past two work days have been so easy. Thursday we only had 3 babies and Friday we only had 4! Even though we haven't had all 6 of the babies, we still didn't get out of work until after 6:00. Next week, we may even only have 2 babies on one day, but will still get out after 6:00. At least it's some sort of a break. J's mom mentioned a friend who heard about our daycare and really liked it. He has a son J's age, which is the perfect age we're looking for, so it would be nice if we could get a friend to take Little R's place. The friend is in another daycare, so it may not happen, though. Hopefully we'll find something.
I've learned that Lydia really likes The Wiggles. She was screaming and screaming the other night, but it wasn't quite bedtime yet, so I went on netflix and put on a Wiggles movie and she immediately stopped crying! Then, last night when Brian was watching her, but he needed to grade papers, we put her on her tummy to watch The Wiggles and she loved it! She was even talking to them! When I watched it with her, I made sure to talk to her about what we were watching, which made me feel better (it was an "activity" we did together). I don't want to get her addicted to TV already, but it's nice to have something that will distract her for about 15 minutes.
A's mom gave Lydia a ton of her old 3-6 month clothes. A whole, huge bag full! I went through them and am so excited. A was born in September, so she has several jackets that will fit Lydia by the time it gets cold. Plus, lots of cute pajamas (Lydia was growing out of hers), and onesies. I love getting the hand-me-down clothes. Especially A's, since she has tons of different clothes. It will still be hard for me to not buy Lydia anymore clothes. Even though she has more than enough, it's hard to pass up all those cute baby girl clothes!
Today, either after looking at houses or before, we're getting Lydia a small umbrella stroller to take her on walks in. It's sometimes difficult with the front carriers and the sling, and we can go on longer walks with her in the stroller. We're also going to get her a toy, since she likes playing with some of the toys in the center.

No comments:
Post a Comment