Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm Going to Live Through This....

Things I miss doing before we had Lydia:

- playing the piano anytime I wanted to, without having to worry about waking up a baby, or being distracted by her cries
- reading a book whenever I wanted and for however long I wanted
- sleeping straight through the night (haven't done that since I was 5 months pregnant)
- sleeping in late on the weekends



Things I miss about being pregnant:

- the excited/nervous/expectant feeling I always felt when I looked down at my growing belly
- how I could get away with taking naps anytime I wanted
- how I got away with calling in "sick" at work
- being able to weigh however much I wanted to, and eat however much I wanted to


Things I love about taking care of a baby:

- snuggling with someone who depends solely on you
- waking up early (the weekends feel longer when you're awake for most of them)
- her smiles
- looking up new techniques for getting her to sleep through the night, get rid of a cold, etc.
- getting excited about each and every milestone she reaches (smiling, rolling over, cooing, not screaming all the time)
- how everyone compliments me on how beautiful my baby is
- putting her to sleep at night (giving a bath, getting her into pajamas, reading and singing to her)
- singing silly kid songs
- watching her daddy hold her and spoil her
- having someone else to worry about other than myself (it has helped me become less selfish)


No comments:

Post a Comment