Lydia has been sleeping great lately! I've changed her routine a bit. Instead of putting her to sleep in our bed, I nurse her in her room and then put her in her crib. The first night I had to pat her for about 10 minutes after placing her in her crib, while last night she went right to sleep. The reason I put her to sleep in our room first was because Brian's computer is in Lydia's room. I didn't want to deny him his computer since the baby is sleeping. But, we talked about it, and if she sleeps better by starting off in her own bed, then no computer after 7:30 at night. (Of course, I have a laptop that he can go on.)
Yesterday, she slept in until 8:00am. I was still SO tired, after a long week of working, so Brian got up with her. I slept in until 9:45! It was amazing! Lydia then went down for a nap around 10:30 and I had 1.5 hours to myself (Brian was at a meeting and then chatted with his parents on the phone). Brian said he'd give me the morning/afternoon off by taking Lydia out to run errands with him (he has never gone out with Lydia by himself). I was excited about the prospect of having time to myself. But, after being on my own for 1.5 hours earlier, I was bored without Lydia and Brian to entertain me, so I went on the errands with them!
We went to First Mark Bank (where Brian worked in the Fall) to hand in Lydia's paperwork for her college account we've already started. Lydia was passed around among his co-workers, something she recently doesn't enjoy, plus she was tired. But, they enjoyed finally seeing Lydia and chatting with Brian. Then, we went to Wal-Mart because I wanted to get a princess mobile for Lydia's bed. It was originally $20, but was on clearance for $7. It's a good thing too, since it's pretty "cheapy" looking, but still cute. I also got her some cute princess bibs (she's been drooling and spitting up more often), a picture frame for her cross-stitch that I finally finished, and Brian got a Dallas Cowboys t-shirt. Then we went to Half-Price Books because his co-worker had mentioned the book "Baby Whisperer" for helping Lydia sleep better at night. I found the book, plus a fun book, and Brian found two books.
Brian went for a hair cut while Lydia took a nap, and then we went to FreeBirds to get dinner and rented two movies from Redbox - CLASH OF THE TITANS and THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG. Lydia went to bed by 8:00 and we started the movies.
CLASH OF THE TITANS was pretty good. Of course, I had to look up about the gods on wikipedia during the movie and pointed out the differences between the myths and what the movie portrayed. Perseus didn't marry Andromeda! I don't even think Io was part of Perseus' myth; what was she doing in this movie?! Overall, the movie was action packed and kept Brian's attention. I framed Lydia's cross-stitch and went on wikipedia throughout the movie.
THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG started off good. I liked the animation and the characters. However, I did not like the Shadow Man character and how he had "friends on the other side". His magic was way too dark for a Disney movie. I would expect that from a Warner Brothers movie (like in THE SWAN PRINCESS or ANASTASIA), but never in a Disney movie. The shadow creatures were way too scary and dark. Plus, the little firefly DIES! A good character dying?! No way! I decided that Lydia will not watch this movie, and we will not own it as a Disney princess movie. I love the classic Disney princess movies: damsels in distress, handsome princes who come to the rescue, catchy songs, lovable characters, etc. These new, modern-day princess movies are not and never will be as good as the original ones.
Lydia slept until 2:30! From 7:30 to 2:30! I "dream-fed" her at 11:30 when we went to bed, so that might have helped (and she was getting a little restless). Then she slept until 5:00, when she joined us in our bed. She woke up at 7:00, but I convinced her to sleep until 8:00. Now I'm trying to get her to take nap, then I'll get Brian up so I can shower and get ready for church.
I'll see if the "baby whisperer" has better ideas about getting Lydia to sleep through the night, so her routine may change again. But, I really want to get rid of at least one of her night time feedings.

No comments:
Post a Comment