July was an extremely busy month for us! The first part we were in Wisconsin, then it was the Dunlap girl's weekend, then we went to Austin for Leah's baby shower, then it was my birthday and another shower for Leah! August seems like it will be a bit calmer, which will be nice.
Leah had her Austin Baby Shower two weekends ago, put on by her mother-in-law. Brian, Lydia and I all went up so we could also visit with Brian's parents while we were in Austin. Lydia did well in her Bible Class on Sunday - she cried when I dropped her off and made the worker hold her the whole time, but wasn't crying the whole time! We had a great visit with the grandparents and with Aunt Tamara!
Last Friday, Leah and I celebrated our 25th birthday! We had our family over at my parents house and had a yummy dinner and cakes! On Saturday, Brian and I celebrated my birthday by going to see Crazy, Stupid, Love (because Josh Groban is in it!) and going to Applebees. It was a great birthday!
Also on Saturday, I threw Leah a Diaper Shower at my house. We played a song game where you guessed the title of the song by listening to a few seconds of music (all the songs had the word "baby" in them), and pin the diaper on the baby! It turned out great and Leah is stocked up on diapers and wipes!
We also have a PAIS volunteer from church staying with us for 3 weeks this month. He is in training and then will go back up to Arlington, Texas to work in the high school there.
This weekend, Leah has her THIRD baby shower (given by the center's parents) at Olive Garden. Brian and I also want to take Lydia to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie on Saturday.
Can you believe Lydia is 14 months old!?! Here's a brief update:
- Lydia is walking with her hands down at her sides (not held up in the air for balance)
- She is sleeping through the night - from 7:00 to 6:00
- No more bottles or formula! She made a great transition to no bottles at bedtime - we offer her a sippy cup of milk instead (sometimes she drinks it and sometimes she doesn't)
- She is eating very well - she is usually willing to try anything, but her favorite foods are pasta, bread, applesauce, and more pasta!
- She is signing "more" and "please" - she usually uses the "more" sign when she wants something or wants to do something
- She just started saying "da da" when she sees Brian
- She says "dat" when she points to an object (especially at the dogs and birds)
- She still loves The Wiggles, but also likes to watch Yo Gabba Gabba
- She has started picking her nose...
- She is still under 20 pounds and just about 30 inches tall
- She can still fit in 6 month pants and 9 month onesies
- She is down to one nap a day (most days) - for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours
A quick update on me:
We're closing the center at the end of the month. One kiddo leaves on the 12th, two on the 19th, and two on the 31st! I get a whole week and a few days off before I start working as an assistant teacher at the Oak Hills Preschool. I work Monday, Wednesdays, Fridays from 8:45 to 12:45! Lydia will be staying with Aunt Rekeisha (and Cousin Abram) on Mondays, she goes to BSF on Wednesdays, and will be with Grandma on Fridays. I am also starting piano lessons in September. I have three students so far! I am very excited to be starting this and hoping it will become my main source of income - how great would that be?!
No comments:
Post a Comment