Monday, August 15, 2011

It Takes a Woman...

Brian started back at work today - in service for teachers (no students quite yet). I has been so nice having him home all summer. Lydia has enjoyed spending the mornings at the Center with me and the afternoons with Brian. Lydia and I have both been spoiled with Daddy home all day.
Brian has been amazing at keeping the house clean, doing the chores I usually ended up doing, and having dinner ready by 6:00 every evening. He's been great at running errands and taking care of Lydia. At the beginning of the summer I would have to remind him about Lydia's schedule - that she needs a nap or a snack - or give him ideas about things to do with her. Now, he's an expert on everything Lydia! They have been able to spend so much time together and it's been great watching them grow closer. We are both going to miss having him home all day.


I only have about 2 and 1/2 more weeks of working at the Center. We close on August 31st! I am sad to see my kiddos go (I have known most of them since they were about 6 months old), but excited to move on to something new...and not working 11 hours a day!
I start working at the Oak Hills Preschool as an assistant teacher on September 7th. I start teaching my first piano lesson to my first piano student on September 13th. I currently have 5 students, ranging in ages from 6 to 14. I am excited about becoming an assistant preschool teacher and a piano teacher in my own home.
This is going to be a great school year! I FINALLY have real vacations for the first time in several years. As a preschool teacher at Oak Hills, I have all federal holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas break, and Spring Break off! Brian and I finally get to spend the holidays together, as a family.
I am also excited about getting to spend tons of time with Lydia! I have all day Tuesdays and Thursdays with her! I am so looking forward to getting one on one time with my baby! It is hard to share my time with her - when all I really want to do is play with her. Lydia will be spending lots of time with her Aunt Rekeisha and Cousin Abram on Mondays while I work. She'll go to BSF with Grandma on Wednesdays and spend time with Grandma on Fridays. I have piano lessons on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. This is going to be a great year!
The last thing I am excited about is being able to get all household chores done during the week so Brian and I have the weekends to have fun together. Since working all day, we usually saved chores for Saturdays, since we were too tired in the evenings to do much. Now I can gradually do chores throughout the week. Plus, I get to be the one who makes dinner for my husband and baby - something I am looking forward to (although Brian has done a great job).

No comments:

Post a Comment