Tuesday, August 30, 2011

...Encouraging Young Things to Grow

Lydia's 15 Month Update! It's crazy to think that 15 months ago, Lydia Patience Pfeiffer was born! She was 7lbs and 3oz and 21 inches and born at 10:12pm, May 29, 2010! Now she's 19.5lbs (8% for weight) and 30.5 inches tall (50% for height)! So big! Here's a few things about Lydia in her 15th month:

- She has about 4 words - "mama", "dada", "yeah", and "jump" (and "dat" - if you consider that a word). The doctor says she should have between 5 and 15 words...so we'll be working on vocabulary from now on!
- She loves to watch Yo Gabba Gabba! Her favorite scene is when DJ Lance walks in at the very beginning. She can sit in her little pink chair, with a sippy cup of juice, and watch Yo Gabba Gabba for a long time. She still loves The Wiggles, but this changes it up a bit.
- I have introduced her to Disney Princess movies, but she's not all that interested. I guess they're not colorful enough for her - and there's not a continuous stream of songs.
- She loves to laugh! She "tells" jokes - she'll babble and babble and then start laughing. She'll cover her face with both hands and lean forward, thinking she is so funny! I love it! She's going to be goofy like her Daddy!
- Her favorite foods are pasta (spaghetti and ravioli especially), sandwiches, cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, and macaroni. She's pretty good at trying new things, when she feels like it. She loves her snacks - lil crunchies, fruit and grain bars, cheerios, apple slices, yogurt melts, puffs, and graham crackers. She had her first Chick-fil-a kid's meal this weekend and did a good job eating it! I give her veggie and fruit mixed juice, but she still loves her lemonade and apple juice.
- She loves to swim! My parents have a backyard pool and Lydia loves swimming and playing (especially with Daddy who will throw her in the air). We put her in a small backyard pool that she could walk in. She liked laying down in the water and we told her she was swimming! Bath time is a fun time, too!
- She is very good at mimicking what we do. She pretends to text on the cellphone, brushes her hair, pretends to put on makeup, throws trash away in the trashcan. 
- She loves it when I sing to her! Her favorite songs are "Baby Bumblebee", "ABCs", "Special Special", and "Jesus Loves Me". She pretends to sign the ABCs, holds the baby bumblebee and then wipes it off. When she gets fussy, I just start singing and she calms down!
- Her bedtime is 7:00 right now, but I'm hoping to change that to 7:30 soon. She takes one nap at 12:30 to 2:00 at the Center, but I want her to change to an 11:30 to 1:30 nap and then a 3:30-4:30 nap when we're at home from now on.

It has been a blast hanging out and learning with Lydia these past 15 months! Brian and I are a very in love with her and enjoy watching her grow and learn.



No comments:

Post a Comment