Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Leave No Shell Unturned, No Coral Unexplored...

We had a girl's weekend this past weekend at Hill Country Ranch. It was all of the "Dunlap" girls...my mom, Leah, Nellie, Rekeisha, Lydia, and Abram (the only boy), plus family friends, Lydia R. and Katie, and my in-laws, Tamara and Karla. Leah and I left Jessie and Brian in charge of the kiddos at 3:30 Friday afternoon. Luckily for the boys, the last kiddo left before 5:00! We made it to the "Brown House" at the Ranch in Johnson City around 4:30. 
The Brown House had three bedrooms and two bathrooms, a kitchen, dining area, and huge living room. It was fully furnished and stocked. In return for mom taking us on this trip, everyone had to provide and serve a meal. Leah, Rekeisha and I made Friday's dinner - spaghetti and garlic bread, with brownies for dessert. After dinner, everyone went down to the river, except Lydia, Abram, and me. Lydia and Abram were sleeping. We went to bed very late that night, after playing games and chatting.
Saturday, Lydia was up by 6:45. Mostly everyone else woke up soon after. It was a help-yourself-breakfast. After taking turns in the bathrooms and showers, we were ready to go explore the river. Mom brought down several rafts to sit in on the river. The river wasn't as full as it could have been, since we haven't had much rain, but it was still deep and refreshing. There was also a not-hot-tub that was fun to swim in as well. I put Lydia's life vest on and we headed out into the river on a raft. This was Lydia's first time toobing - something I've been wanting to do with her - and she enjoyed it! She didn't much like her life vest, so I ended up taking it off, since we were just sitting in the river. After being in the raft for awhile, all of a sudden I felt something nip at my bottom! I screamed, scaring Lydia, and causing Katie to quickly jump out of her raft onto the rocks. I quickly paddled to the shore and got out, telling everyone that something had bit me! A turtle was later spotted...which could have been the culprit! I didn't go in the water again!



After enjoying the raft, Lydia and I swam in the not-hot-tub for a long while, before everyone headed back to the house for a Lydia R. prepared lunch, and naps. Lydia had a good time exploring the front yard of the Brown House after her nap, and then even got to ride in a jeep with her Cousin Abram, pushed by Aunt Nellie. After another short nap that afternoon, Lydia and I joined Leah, mom, Tamara and Karla at the river. I didn't have time to put her in a swimsuit, so she ended up skinny dipping - super cute! Tamara and Karla provided dinner that evening. I let Lydia stay up late, while everyone else went down to the river to watch the sunset.





Lydia was up by 7:00 Sunday morning. Nellie and Katie made a big breakfast and we started gathering our stuff together to head out. We left the Ranch around 10:30 and headed to Luckenbach. This was the smallest town I have ever seen - made up of just a few buildings! We explored Luckenbach for a bit, then headed off to Fredericksburg, which wasn't very far away. I love walking around Fredericksburg! Brian and I need to go up there sometime to explore all the shops. We ate at The Brewery - yummy burgers - and then let the babies play in the park to wear them out. And then we headed home, our girl's weekend over.




We have a lot more planned for the rest of July - this was a busy month! First Wisconsin, then the Ranch! Now we're looking forward to Leah's Austin baby shower, and then I'm throwing her a diaper shower on the 30th - which is also our birthday!
We only have a little over a month left of working at Family Infant Home Care before we close the doors. I just found out that I got the job at Oak Hills Church Preschool as an assistant teacher! I am so excited! I will only be working Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:45 to 12:45! It will definitely be a shorter day and I get to spend most of my time with Lydia! I will also be starting piano lessons in September! This is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment