Today was the first day in a long while that I spent the ENTIRE day with Lydia, without any help from Brian. He stayed late at school today....something started at 7:00 (I must not have been paying attention to what started at that time)...so he won't be home until after 9:30 (but he's bringing me some Sonic ice cream).
Anyway, I spent from sunup to sundown with Lydia today. She woke up around 6:15...but was content in bed until 7:00. At 7:00, I put on The Wiggles and decided (finally) to exercise. I had been running (five minutes at a time), but that's just too much for me right now. Instead, I power walked for 20 minutes (and managed to use up more calories than when I was running - since I was going faster) while watching HELLO DOLLY. After 20 minutes, Lydia was ready to get out of her crib.
Lydia had breakfast while watching PBS while I wrote out the HEB list and then showered and dressed. Instead of fixing Lydia's hair, I decided to just let it stay down and messy. We made it to HEB before 9:00 and I somehow managed to lose the grocery list between the car and HEB. I still managed to get everything I needed and Lydia was really well behaved the whole trip, even when we didn't get HEBuddy bucks to spend. We even got home in time to catch the beginning of Elmo's World.
And this is when Lydia started getting a little fussy. She was mad when I put on another Sesame Street (this time via Netflix), since it was Gabba. I ended up turning the TV off, which just made her more mad. My plan was to clean the entire house before Lydia's nap time. And I pretty much managed it. After calming down, Lydia played very well independently (without TV). I finally put away her clothes donated by a friend (they were just laying around on her glider) - and her closet is full and stocked for summer! Lydia pretended to chat on her ipod while I was putting away her clothes. When I emptied her laundry basket and tried to fill it with dirty clothes, she had already filled the basket with her Dr. Seuss books and wanted them to stay there. If you want Lydia to sit still and quiet, get the vacuum cleaner out. While I vacuumed, Lydia sat on the couch with her baby doll, stroller, and two blankets.
I made her macaroni and cheese for lunch and she ate almost all of it! And she started getting fussier. It was only a little after 11:00 and I didn't want her to go down for a nap too early. After lunch, I tried to get her interested in some puzzles and songs, but it took awhile to convince her to have some fun with me. After a few puzzles, songs and books, it was 11:45 and nap time. She only slept an hour. I gave her her pacifiers and blankets and she laid back down.
Leah and Adah came over to get some art supplies and to chat. At 2:00, Lydia was up and we headed outside for a walk. Lydia managed to use up about an hour because she likes to look at every rock, blade of grass, and bus that we pass. Leah and I, of course, had a good conversation. At 3:30, piano lessons started. Lydia did really well this time, only a few episodes of fussiness. After lessons, we headed to Walgreens to get our free rental (which ended up being $.35 because it's a blueray) - we rented THE BIG YEAR...so far pretty good.
Once home, we got to enjoy the warm weather outside. I brought out the chalk and bubbles and we had a good time. Then it suddenly turned breezy and cooler...looked like rain. And it was almost 5:30. I was able to get dinner started (with Lydia sitting on the counter) and we had fried rice. Lydia had a great dinner - no complaints and she ate her entire serving, vegetables and all. Brian missed out on a peaceful, no crying dinner.
After dinner, I quickly cleaned up and put Lydia in the bath. About 10 minutes in the bath, the doorbell rings. I had totally forgotten Abram stays with us on Thursdays evenings for a bit! I grabbed Lydia up in her towel and answered the door with a naked baby. Lydia was done with her bath and ready to play with Abram. After quite a bit of fussiness, she finally managed to go play with Abram. They had a really good time playing tonight. And, despite being quite tired, Lydia managed to stay awake until 8:00 in a pretty good mood.
I must admit that I got a bit frustrated with Lydia tonight because of her fussy episodes. I'm used to having Brian home by 5:00 to help out while I make dinner. And he usually gives her a bath to give me a brief break. I guess I take him for granted just a bit. I love spending my days with Lydia, but I like having Brian come home to help me out in the evenings.

No comments:
Post a Comment