So, it's been two days of my first Spring Break since Spring 2006. I might as well document as I go, since we plan on doing tons of fun adventures in the next week.
Saturday, March 10th:
Lydia woke up at 5:45. I checked on her, made sure she had her pacifiers, and then turned the monitor off until 7:00. She was awake by the time I turned the monitor back on. Brian changed her diaper and put on The Wiggles in her room. She was good until 7:50! That was a nice sleep in for Brian's first day of Spring Break. Brian let me sleep in until 9:00! He's so sweet!
After I woke up and came out to the living room, Brian headed outside to start digging up our ugly bushes in the front of the house. They had looked great when we first moved in, but then they died all of a sudden. We had to wait until after winter before we could get rid of them. We had planned on going to Sea World, but it was below 50 degrees and rainy, so we opted out of seeing Elmo.
At around 10:00, my mom, dad, and Thomas showed up to help Brian pull out the bushes. Dad also brought some of his Florida flower clippings to replace our bushes. Brian, dad and Thomas worked out in the cold drizzle while mom, Lydia and I stayed nice and warm inside. Mom and I planned her lesson for Sunday School - the history of a few hymns. I helped her choose the hymns and practiced them on the piano (I'd be playing them during Sunday School).
Lydia had lunch at 11:00 and then had fun playing. She had a great time hanging out with the family. It's so much easier to entertain her when we're stuck inside when there's other people around to help out. She went down for a nap at 12:00 and I prepared lunch for everyone. We had soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, and left over chicken enchiladas - yummy!
Dad and Brian headed off to Home Depot to purchase new blinds for our four front windows. The ugly pink, plastic blinds are finally replaced! I need to take some pictures. The windows look so much better! After they finished, Lydia got to play with Grandpa and Thomas while Brian grilled sausages and brats and I made au gratin potatoes. Dinner was yummy, too. Lydia loves sausages!
Lydia took a bath while Brian and mom cleaned up and then it was bedtime. After I put Lydia down, we played Guesstimation - dad won.
Brian changed all the clocks - moving them up an hour. We crossed our fingers and hoped Lydia would sleep straight until at least 7:00!
Sunday, March 11th:
It stormed all night, so Lydia woke up at 2:30 and then at 3:30. Then she woke up at 7:00. I went into her room and laid down on the floor next to her bed. Lydia fell back to sleep around 7:15 and I headed off to take a shower at 7:30. Lydia slept until 8:10, which was great. Brian got up at 8:30.
We headed off to church by 9:15. I played the piano while everyone sang the hymns during Sunday School. The piano was pretty crappy, though...not even a full-sized electric piano. Then we went to the service. I headed back home after church, while Brian and Lydia went to my parent's house for lunch. I ate a quick lunch and then went to Target to buy a baby shower gift. A woman at my Mentoring Mom's table recently had twin girls who were born very premature. We had her baby shower today, and it was so fun! We had some good conversations!
I came home to an empty house and time to myself. Brian and Lydia went to a Rampage Game (hockey) with my parents. One of Brian's students sang the National Anthem. I enjoyed my alone time, although it is kind of boring.
Brian and Lydia came home around 8:00 and Lydia was in bed by 8:45. Hopefully she'll sleep in a little late tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow it's SIX FLAGS!
![]() |
| Eating brownie batter! |
![]() |
| Brian removed the bushes! |
![]() |
| Lydia's first hockey game! |



No comments:
Post a Comment