Thursday, March 29, 2012

Oh, There's Nothing Wrong with the Children

Lydia left for Key West, Florida yesterday morning at 6:00! I had her all packed up the day before (Leah had to limit the amount of clothes and things I wanted to have Lydia bring) - she shared a suitcase with Adah and Leah. Her old, big diaper bag was used as her carry on...extra diapers, a change of clothes, books, small toys, DVDs, and lots of snacks. We woke Lydia up at 5:40 and brought her over to Leah's house. She was wide awake by that time and in a good mood. We kept her in her pajamas (Leah eventually fixed her hair and put clothes on her at some point). My mom said Lydia did really well on the flight and was well behaved and in a good mood.
Today I received pictures of Lydia at the beach and having fun! I'm so glad she's enjoying herself and is being good for my parents and sister.

Yesterday I worked half the day and then taught piano lessons. Luckily for me, I only had two lessons yesterday. Brian and I enjoyed an evening to ourselves - baby free. We went to Wal-Mart to get dessert and soda. We watched Justin Timberlake's movie, On Time - which was pretty good, although kind of silly. We went to bed late, despite Brian having to work in the morning.
This morning I woke up at 8:30! It was so nice being able to sleep in on my day off! I stayed in bed until 9:00, playing on my iphone. Then I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes while watching The Tale of Desperaux (pretty cute movie). Then I was able to really clean the house. Usually, with Lydia, I can get the kitchen and maybe the front room cleaned before she starts wanting my attention. On Thursdays, I usually get up around 7:30, give Lydia breakfast and clean while she eats and watches her morning shows. By 8:30 we head off to HEB. Then I'll clean a bit more and play with Lydia before 11:00 lunchtime and then 12:00 nap time. Today, I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself. So, I didn't head off to HEB until 12:00!
You know you have plenty of time on your hands when you have time to organize your tupperware cupboard! I organized the tupperware and the pictures on the refrigerator. I took all the old photos of Lydia off and replaced them with brand new ones. I also took off all her old artwork and put up some new artwork. I need to find something that will hold her artwork, so I don't have to throw it away and it will stay nice. This will probably be my summer project (along with making her a photo album). After cleaning the whole front of the house (everything but bathrooms and bedrooms - that will be tomorrow), I made the HEB list and headed off to HEB. I spent less than 40 minutes shopping and spent a lot less than I did last week!
When I got home, I ate lunch and watched my shows on hulu. I also researched some teaching aids for teaching the grand staff to my students. I really want them to memorize the note locations on the staff, instead of just guessing or having to figure it out. I e-mailed Brian links to several worksheets I can do with the students - he printed them off and made copies at school. Hopefully these ideas will be fun and educational for my kiddos.
I had piano lessons at 3:30-4:30, which went amazingly well. My two new boys are so smart and eager to learn the piano! It is a joy teaching them.
Brian was home by 4:45. I played some Josh Groban songs on the piano while Brian relaxed. We made beans and dogs with rice (our favorite meal) for dinner, and Abram arrived around 6:00. I love that it is lighter later so that Abram could play outside in the backyard. Brian was able to pick more loquats from our tree and he cleaned off the porch.

Tomorrow I have work until 1:30 and then I'm on my own again. I plan on cleaning the bathrooms and bedrooms and starting laundry. Brian is staying late at school, but when he gets home, we're heading downtown to walk around the Riverwalk and watch Mirror, Mirror at the AMC. We have a gift card to Red Lobster to use up this weekend, and I want to go shopping. It'll be a nice baby-free weekend for us! But, I can't wait until Sunday evening when I get to see my baby again!

Before baby trip to the Japanese Gardens.

Before baby in New Braunfels.

No comments:

Post a Comment