Friday, March 16, 2012

Because You are the Most Important

An update on more Spring Break 2012 fun!


Monday, March 12th
We headed off to Six Flags Fiesta Texas around 10:30...and waited in the line of cars to get into the gate for 30 minutes. Brian actually got out and walked, made it to the entrance, got his season pass card and coupon book, and was waiting for us in the parking lot!
Lydia had a blast, of course. She loves the rides! If she could go on the rollercoasters, she would have even more fun! We went on every single ride Lydia could go on (minus the second tea cup ride and the little train). Dad met us outside of the park at a picnic table with lunch (he parked his car at the church and walked all the way there!). Then we headed back in for more fun. Lydia fell asleep in the stroller for about 40 minutes - the only nap she had all day!

Tuesday, March 13th
San Antonio Children's Museum Day! We invited our friends, Brandy, Thomas and their little boy, Noah to join us. We have never been to the museum and we had a blast. We left for downtown around 10:00 and the museum was already packed! Lydia's favorite part of the museum was the HEB store for little kids. They had actual HEB products, carts and even check out counters with real scanners and computers. She also liked the Tot Spot - it was the perfect place for Lydia and Noah. I want to go back to the museum when it's not packed.
Leah, Jessie, and Adah joined us for a lasagna dinner afterwards.

Wednesday, March 14th
Happy Pi Day! This is Brian's favorite day of the year. For a few years in a row, we've gone to Enchanted Rock to celebrate. We left around 7:30 for Fredericksburg and got there just before 9:00 and right before the cars started lining up at the gate! We made it before the crowd! We climbed Turkey Peak - a smaller rock - first, ate lunch, and then headed up Enchanted Rock. Lydia and Adah rode in their backpacks on the way up and back down (their daddy's are strong!).
The boys flew kites up at the top and managed to bring enough string to get the kites about 1200 feet in the air. We got home around 6:00, and surprisingly, Lydia didn't nap on the way home, so she was more than ready for a bath, dinner and then bed!

Thursday, March 15th
We had a lazy morning and I finally managed to get some house work done (finally). I also went to the library to get some Mozart books and a new book, called UGLIES...but there was only one Mozart book that I wanted and no UGLIES. Oh well.
Lydia was finally able to take her 2 hour nap, and then we headed to pick up Abram and then to mom's house. Mom and I made the foil pack meals (chicken, carrots, potatoes, onions) for grilling at the Park later. After the Carabajals arrived, we all headed off to Guadalupe State Park.
Lydia had a blast playing with Abram and throwing rocks in the river. She loves running around outside! Dinner was delicious and we all had a great time.

Friday, March 16th
Brian and I dropped Lydia off at 9:00 at Leah's house so we could head to San Marcos. I took my ESL certification test...and made a 77 - when I needed an 80! Oh well. I can try again.
Then we met up with everyone else at Landa Park in New Braunfels. Lydia loved the park and the train ride. We then got to see Brian's new middle school (still being built) and then headed back to San Antonio and went to Yogurt Zone...my first time there and it was so good!

Tomorrow we plan on relaxing a bit and then trying out the softball fields we want to get our Sunday School group to play at in two weeks. I also need to go to the library and the music store. Sunday will also be a restful day, other than going to church and HEB. I think we need a rest after such a busy, fun week!






No comments:

Post a Comment