Sunday, January 1, 2012

19 Months

Lydia turned 19 months on December 29th!

I haven't officially weighed her...but she's a bit over 20 pounds and over 31 inches tall. She still only fits in 12 month pants (barely) and wears 18 month t-shirts. I did put her in a 6-9 month pink cardigan this morning and it fit! And she wore 0-3 month tights...and they fit (of course, they were too big when she was that age).
There is no pacifier while she is awake and out of bed! It went really well and was pretty easy to do. When I have her stay up late, though, I let her have her pacifier (like last night for New Years). She is really good at putting her pacifier back in her crib when we get her out. Although sometimes she goes into her room and sneaks her pacifier out of her crib...but is always willing to put it back. We are currently down to one pacifier...we can't find the pink one (she must have taken it out of her crib and put it somewhere). This is only a problem at night when she sometimes loses her pacifier outside of her crib.
There still isn't much talking - other than babbling - going on...although she does say "no", "yeah", "da da", what sounds like "Gabba", "more", and has started saying what sounds like "thank you". She has started screaming at people when she doesn't want them to talk to her or touch her. I'm trying to get her to say "no" instead of screaming. It will be very nice when she starts talking so that when she gets frustrated and we can't understand what she wants, she could communicate it better.
She is still obsessed with baby dolls - especially her doll that doesn't have any clothes on. She got a crib and high chair that turns into a swing for Christmas, which she loves. She still pushes her baby in the stroller constantly. She also received a baby bottle in her stocking, which she loves to use with the baby doll!
Lydia still loves Yo Gabba Gabba and I really have to limit how much she watches, or she could watch it all day long. She will sit and watch the episode "New Friends" that has Jack Black in it from the beginning to the end. We try only watch Gabba before nap time and before dinnertime.
After two weeks off schedule while on holiday, it will be nice to get back into the groove of our schedule next week (starting Wednesday).

Mondays: 
Up by 7:00am and we head over to Leah's house by 7:30.
I pick her up around 1:30pm...she's usually already had a nap. Adah sometimes joins us.
We do an activity, go on a walk, or just play together until 5:00, when I start dinner.
6:00 is dinnertime.
6:15 is bath time...which will usually last about 30 minutes!
Between 7:00 and 7:30 is bedtime. 

Tuesdays: 
Up by 7:00am and we watch the Today Show and the beginning of Live with Kelly.
We head to the library around 9:55 for story time at 10:15 to 10:30.
We get home around 10:45 and I start fixing lunch, which is at 11:00.
From 11:15-12:00 we watch Yo Gabba Gabba to wind down.
12:00-2:00 is nap time.
2:00-3:00 we play or go on a walk.
3:00-5:00 Lydia heads over to Aunt Rekeisha's house while I do piano lessons. Brian picks her up around 5:00.
I have dinner laid out (or started) before my 5:00 lesson and Brian finishes dinner.
6:00 dinner (same as Monday).

Wednesdays:
Up by 7:00am and we head over to Leah's house around 7:25. We pick Leah and Adah up and I bring them to the church where my mom picks them up for BSF.
I get off work around 1:30, and have lessons from 3:00 to 5:00.
Brian picks Lydia up at Leah's house and I start dinner at 5:00.

Thursdays:
Up by 7:00am and we watch the Today Show and Live with Kelly together.
We head to HEB around 9:30 or 10:00 and get back home around 10:45.
Lunch at 11:00 and nap time from 12:00-2:00.
Lydia and I do an activity, go on a walk, or hang out with Leah and Adah, or run more errands until 5:00, when I start dinner.

Fridays:
Up by 7:00am and we head over to my mom's house by 7:20.
I pick Lydia up around 1:30, but she's usually still sleeping (she takes the longest naps at my mom's house), so I stay to chat and eat some lunch.
We head home around 3:30 or 4:00.
Dinner is started by 5:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment