Brian and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on Thursday (January 5th). My parents took us to the Japanese restaurant, SUMO on Monday. It's one of those restaurants where the chefs cook the food right in front of you. Our chef was funny and very entertaining and did an amazing job. Brian loved his steak and shrimp! It's always fun trying new restaurants.
Friday, we dropped Lydia off at my parent's house around 6:00. We gave her dinner, played some Kinnect for XBOX 360 and then headed home. We had pizza for dinner and watched two movies - The Adjustment Bureau (pretty good) and Soul Surfer (very good). We stayed up until almost 2:00am!! I haven't been up that late for the longest time. We slept in until 9:00 Saturday morning - which was awesome! Being able to go to bed late and sleep as late as I want was all I wanted for my anniversary! It was amazing.
Brian headed out to get breakfast burritos from McDonald's and then we got up to play some Rock Band 2. I am totally awesome at the guitar - I can even play songs on expert and not fail. I usually play the bass part, but wanted to try the guitar. Brian is so excited that his wife is good at Rock Band - I can play all the instruments and sing. Pretty talented. We cleaned the whole house and did all our laundry. I figured we were lazy in the morning, we can clean the house - it's much easier without Lydia hanging around.
Then we headed out to Outback Steakhouse (Brian had a gift card there). I got to wear my new pink high heels Brian gave me for Christmas - not the comfiest shoes, but when are heels comfy? The food was delicious! We ordered an appetizer, Brian got a margarita, we each got sodas (we always get water), and I ordered the chicken fried chicken and Brian the steak and shrimp. So delicious! We were so full, we were able to bring home leftovers for later. We picked up two more redbox movies - The Hangover Part II (silly) and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (pretty good, although they added a modern story to it; based on a book).
We watched one movie and then went out to enjoy Brian's new fire pit on the porch. Brian had put up white Christmas lights on the porch and they look so good! It wasn't too cold outside and the fire was so nice! Then we put on our wedding clothes for a photo shoot. I can still fit in my dress after four years! It's a bit tighter in the bust (thanks, Lydia), but fits perfectly. I forgot how much I loved my dress. Other girls I know have way fancier dresses, but I love the simplicity of the dress and the skirt! Brian added a belt buckle and cowboy boots to his wedding outfit. And he wore different pants. We also danced to our wedding song, Colbie Caillat's Bubbly.
This morning we slept straight to 10:00, which was awesome. We both exercised for awhile (I ran on the treadmill) and then we watched church online. We then headed to Wal-Mart then Target (to spend my gift card on makeup). Then we picked up my baby!
Lydia was just waking up from a nap when we got to my parent's house and was so excited to see me! She clung to me and didn't want anyone else (poor Daddy). I gave her a snack, and then we enjoyed some Kinnect games. I love the dance game, but the other ones are fun, too. Lydia had a blast watching everyone play and chasing the dogs around. At 5:00, she was ready to go home. I love having her back home with us! I missed her SO MUCH!


No comments:
Post a Comment