Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh, I Think It's Wonderful; Love At First Sight

28. What do you miss?


I already miss sleeping in late and not being woken up during the night. Brian and I definitely got spoiled this past weekend when my parents watched Lydia for our anniversary. She woke up several times last night, so I was very exhausted this morning. I was so tired, I let Lydia watch TV all morning (my excuse for not going outside? Too cold). She took a 2 and 1/2 hour nap this afternoon and I joined her. The nap definitely helped me perk up and I was ready for piano lessons!

Back to Lydia watching a lot of TV. I am usually really good at not allowing this. It's an easy habit to get into when I'm at home with Lydia during the day. I like to watch the Today Show and Live with Kelly in the morning, then we go off and do an activity or go grocery shopping. When we get home, we play and then eat lunch. I let her watch Gabba before nap time at 12:00. In the afternoon, when she wakes up, we usually go on a walk and play. I let her watch Gabba at 5:00 when I get dinner ready.
Today, though, I was bad. I went to Mentoring Moms last night and didn't get home until 9:45. I had a lot to tell Brian about my night, so we didn't get to sleep until after 10:00. Lydia then woke up at 11:30, then 2:30, then 5:30. And she was up for the day at 6:45. After a week of Lydia sleeping all night and then a weekend of sleeping great, waking up so often was hard. I also got up at 6:00 to exercise (60 jumping jacks, arm work out and 25 minutes of run/walk). I was tired!
Hopefully Lydia will start sleeping great again. I need my sleep! Tomorrow I have work until 1:15 then piano lessons from 3:00 to 5:00 - which means I'll be exhausted. Last Wednesday I went to bed at 8:45!

I made my first crock pot meal in the longest time. And my first pinterest.com meal - Crock Pot Italian Chicken! So delicious! It cooked perfectly. I spooned it over pasta and Lydia and Brian really loved it. I was excited that Lydia was actually willing to try it - and kept eating it! I changed up the recipe, but here's the original (with my change):

(Not my picture)

2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I put mine in frozen and they cooked perfectly)
1 (8 oz) pkg softened cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg Italian dressing seasoning (I used a dry veggie dip package - yummy)
rice or pasta (I used pasta)

Put chicken in crock pot and mix all other ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cook on high 4-6 hours (I cooked mine for 4 hours).

There were plenty of leftovers for everyone - Lydia has a small bit for lunch tomorrow, too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment