Thursday, January 23, 2014

Winter's A Good Time To Sit Close and Cuddle

Okay...so, another 30 day blog challenge. Haven't blogged or updated in awhile...just needed something to write about (other than everyday life).

A brief update: I now have 22 piano students - that's right, 22! And, despite less free time, I love it! I have all ages (4 to 17, plus one adult) and all levels...and all teaching styles! It can be a bit frustrating at times (with my students who don't practice) and exhausting (with my students who need constant entertainment), but it's totally worth it and one of my favorite things to do. Lydia is doing great with all the extra lessons. She plays all morning on Mondays with my homeschool families, she has always liked taking long naps and then watching a few shows on the iPad, and is pretty good at entertaining herself. She's always allowed to come out and join me as long as she's quiet (and is wearing pants).
On another note, Lydia's preschool experience is going great! She absolutely loves her teacher and doesn't mind staying extended day on Wednesdays. At home, she is always pretending she's a teacher and is starting to imagine more and play independently (sometimes). I love hanging up all her artwork and hearing about her day. We have parent/teacher conferences at the beginning of February and I'm ready to hear all about her progress! Lydia also has a speech therapy evaluation in February - we'll see if she will need speech therapy. 

Anyway, on to the 30 Day Blog Challenge!

Day 1: Your Blog's Name

My blog is called "Fiddle Dee Dee" and for those who don't know, that is from my favorite all time movie (and the greatest movie ever made) Gone with the Wind. It is something that Scarlett O'Hara says over and over, when she's frustrated or doesn't want to listen to someone else's opinion. I love movies, which is also why all (almost all) of my blog titles are quotes from a movie.
This month, my titles will be from Disney's Frozen. Lydia and I went to see it today and it was so good! We've already watched the video clip of Elsa singing "Let It Go" and I have the piano music for that song. Lydia claims that Frozen is her new "favorite princess movie". Leah and Adah joined us at the movie theater and we were the only four people in the theater...which was great! Lydia sat great through the first half of the movie, but when Adah was ready to get up and move around, Lydia joined her. They didn't make too much noise and would pause in what they were doing to watch certain scenes. There were some scary parts that Lydia wanted to sit on my lap for, but over all it was a great movie! I've always enjoyed "sister" movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment