Monday, January 27, 2014

I'm Guessing You Don't Have Much Experience With Heat

Today was an "easy" piano day. Two of my morning students were unable to make it, so Lydia and I got to hang out together. She loves to pretend that she is the piano teacher and I'm the student. I've recently started trying to teach her a few things about the piano, but she is not too keen on being a student - she just wants to be the teacher, so I think that will have to wait. After she helped me put away laundry and put some laundry in the washer (she really likes doing this...maybe she'll be the laundry-doer soon), I decided to do a messy activity with her.
I put some water into four different containers and then made each container a different color. I put a towel down under Lydia's little table and then laid out several bowls and pans and spoons. Then I let Lydia play with the water. She loved scooping the water out of the containers and mixing the colors. She pretended to make pies and just had fun moving the water from one container to another. Thankfully, Lydia is pretty neat when it comes to "messy" activities - she doesn't try to spread the water everywhere and I when told her to keep the water over the table and towel, she obeyed. This kept her busy for quite some time.


Then we had lunch and I let Lydia pick out a movie before nap time to calm down. She chose The Sound of Music...and I promise you, she sat there and watched it! She even asked questions about what was going on or made comments about what she saw. She told me, "I like to watch your movies." Yeah! A fellow old-musical-movie-lover!
This afternoon I only had one piano student, so Lydia and I had more time together. It was too cold to go outside, so we snuggled on the couch and watched more of The Sound of Music. Tomorrow it's supposed to be cold and rainy...don't know if we'll be working at Bibleland or not. Brian is hoping to just have a delayed start - if he has another "snow day", he won't get Memorial Day off!

Day 5: Your Proudest Moment

I have had several "proudest moments" in my 27 years. The first would be making a speech at my high school graduation as the salutatorian. There may have only been 33 students in my graduating class, but at least I was number 2! Graduating from college was a pretty proud moment - I didn't go to my graduation, but I still got the diploma in the mail! And of course, the best moment of my life that I'm pretty proud of is when I became a Mommy and got to hold Lydia in my arms for the first time. It's a pretty great achievement!


No comments:

Post a Comment