I have realized I haven't posted about Lydia's birthday - the first time in three years! Oops! But first, let me tell about yesterday.
Lydia woke up in a great mood (she's been waking up earlier since we've switched her to her "big girl room" and her "big girl bed") and was really good at her dentist appointment (her second one, where she didn't get her teeth cleaned but did let Dr. Shultz look in her mouth). And, when I didn't allow any TV or iPad until 20 minutes before naptime, she was up for anything I had planned. We read books for 15 minutes, made an alligator with her hands, painted, and played. She was in a great mood.
Then she woke up from nap... She woke up feeling really warm and was fussy. She at first told us she felt fine, but then we quickly realized that she wasn't feel 100%. We gave her some Tylenol and she rested on the couch. After awhile she said, "I no go to Buddy's birthday, I sick". She was very upset that she wouldn't be able to go to Best Buddy's birthday party, but after about 30 minutes after Tylenol, we were dancing and playing again. She is obsessed with birthday parties and pretended that her drum was a cake and would walk in and set the "cake" down in front of me while singing "Happy Birthday". Super cute.
She was in a great mood when we got to the restaurant and was excited to see Buddy and Dearest and her cousins. She was playing and was having fun. Then we sat outside in the heat and suddenly she didn't want to eat, she was wandering around and then would come and put her head down on the table. When I asked her if she felt OK, she said, "Yes, I feel good, I go to Dearest's house". She knew she was going to spend the night at Dearest and Buddy's house and wouldn't admit that she didn't feel well! It was really sweet that she wanted to go to her grandparent's house so bad that she wouldn't tell me she wasn't feel well. Her face was bright red and her eyes glazed over, but she still kept saying she was OK.
When it was time to go, she just started crying and crying because I was taking her home and she didn't get to go with her cousins. I felt horrible taking her away, but knew she wasn't feeling well. When we got home, she had more Tylenol and we gave her some cool water and put her in PJs. We watched a movie together on the couch. At first she just laid with us, but then she started feeling better and was moving around. By bedtime, she seemed better.
This morning, she woke up at 5:15 saying she was ready to go to Dearest's house! Luckily, we managed to get her back to sleep and to stay in bed until 8:00. She was so excited to get ready to go to Dearest's house and play with her cousins this morning! Daddy took her (as he is helping my dad at the house) this morning and she will have a blast. I'm just thankful she is feeling better. When she gets sick I can barely manage not to cry along with her!
On to Lydia's BIRTHDAY BASH!
Wednesday, May 29th was Lydia's 3rd birthday. We picked up Abram and headed off to Six Flags right when it opened. Leah and Adah joined us, as did my mom and her friend with another little 1-year old. Lydia had a blast, as usual, at Six Flags. It was such a fun thing to do with her on her birthday. She cried when we left Six Flags! Later on, she told me she needed to blow out candles, so we made some brownies and sang happy birthday and she got to blow out candles on her birthday.
Saturday, June 1st was Lydia's birthday party. Her grandparents and Aunt Tamara from Austin came down in the morning, which was such a treat for Lydia. After nap time, we headed to my parent's house to set up for her pool party. Her friend Tate and his family came, as did her cousins and aunts and uncles. She had a blast swimming in the pool and playing with her friends. We had hot dogs, chips and watermelon for dinner. We opened presents (she was so excited to open presents and loved everything she received) and then had cake. I made a cake with a pool design on top - pretty creative.
Lydia is now 3-years old and I can't believe it! We've come a long way since her birth. I still remember everything about that Friday, May 28th and then Saturday May 29th in 2010. But, the pain is getting duller when I think about it...and I try to just focus on Lydia and how amazing she is. And how merciful and protective and loving God is. Brian and I are constantly thankful for God's protection and love. And we are especially thankful for our dear, sweet Lydia.
Pictures to be added later...
No comments:
Post a Comment