A few days ago, Leah explained Lifestyle Photography to me and that it is a big hit on a community board at babycenter.com. So, I looked into it and decided to give it a try.
Here is a definition (from wikipedia.com) of Lifestyle Photography: a style of portrait/people photography which aims to capture and document real-life events, situations, or milestones in an artistic manner.
So, today I set out to capture a real-life event "artistically". Lydia and I headed to HEB to buy one of their large, plastic pools so we could go swimming today. Luckily for us, there was only one left and it was a cute purple one! I managed to get the pool into the car with the help of a random stranger and we brought it home and immediately set it up in our backyard. Lydia had fun filling the pool up with water from the hose and she was excited to wear her new princess swimsuit. We put her slide into the pool to add some extra fun, got all the buckets and bowls we could find and Lydia was ready to have some fun in the pool!
Even though it is almost the middle of May, it was barely 80 degrees out today and quite cool in the shade. I put the pool mostly in sun with a tiny bit of it in the shade. I didn't realize that as the afternoon wore on, the shade was going to cover the pool. Lydia had fun in the water at first, not caring that the water was cold as long as she was in the sun. But once the shade covered most of the pool, Lydia was shivering and unwilling to get into the cold water. Hopefully the water will warm up for later this afternoon and we can go in the pool again!
So, back to my attempt at Lifestyle Photography. On the babycenter.com board, all the Lifestyle Photos are in black and white, which is why all of my pictures are black and white. I very rarely edit any of my pictures in black and white, as I like colors, and I really like pictures of Lydia's super blue eyes. But, I wanted to stick to what the ladies on babycenter are doing. Now, I don't know how "artistic" my photos are, but they do capture Lydia and her personality (I think).
Here is a collage of her in the water:
And here is a collage of her playing with the slide:
Here are some single photos of my favorites:
Here is a collage of Lydia eating her sandwich for lunch:
And here is a collage of Lydia eating her cookie after lunch:
And here are single photos of my favorites:
So, there is my first "artistic" attempt at Lifestyle Photography with Lydia in the pool and having lunch!












No comments:
Post a Comment