God has given me a girly-girl...which I am very, very thankful for! I don't know if I could handle a little girl who likes to play in the mud, likes bugs, and runs around crazy all the time, getting dirty and sweaty. God gave me a little girl who is a lot like me. She loves to dress up, watch "princess movies", sing songs, dance to music, play with her kitchen and dollhouse, likes to help Mommy around the house, and leaves the bugs and dirt for Daddy.
Here is a photo collage of Lydia playing dress-up. My parents gave her several dresses, shoes, and jewelry for her birthday for Lydia to pretend play in. I'm waiting for the day when Lydia will just go play dress-up by herself, but right now I don't mind watching and helping. And since Daddy's home during the week now, he enjoys playing dress-up, too. Lydia has started playing quietly with her doll house (moving the dolls from room to room and putting them in the car, etc.), which is fun to watch and fun to listen to. Leah and I had huge imaginations when it came to playing "house" and dressing up. Too bad Lydia doesn't have a twin sister to play with all the time! Soon Adah will be old enough to join in on the pretend play.
Of course, once Lydia starts playing by herself and not needing me to encourage her, I won't get all these super cute pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment