Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mother Always Taught Me: "Never Eat Singing Food"

It's been a long while....haven't had too much to post about, although I wish I had posted some of the super cute Lydia-stories that occur almost daily. 

So...here are the 10 Things I Love About My Daughter Right Now:

1. She is really starting to put sentences together. It's fun to watch her really concentrate as she puts together a sentence and says something she really wants us to understand.
2. Lydia is constantly saying that she "needs" things. "I need this" or "I need goldfish" or "I need go play" or "I  need go to Dearest's house". Super cute!
3. When Lydia's in a really good mood or really happy and excited about something - she sings about it. Yesterday I put a headband on her before going to HEB and she wanted to look at herself in the mirror. She stood in front of the mirror and said, "Oh, cute" and started singing. When she decorated her Christmas tree, she was singing while she put the ornaments up.
4. Lydia is super, super excited about all the Christmas lights! She loves looking out the window of the car when it's dark and looking at all the lights. She says, "I need more Cri-mas ights". 
5. I absolutely love how much Lydia loves to sing and how much she can remember! She said she was going to see the "I Thank God" song at the table the other night and she just started singing the first few lines all on her own! She remembers hand motions and the main parts of songs.
6. When Lydia counts she says "6, 8, 9, 10, 8, 9.....10!" She will say "two mimis" when she has two pacifiers in her hand, but when she counts them she says "8, 9". Funny girl.
7. I love that Lydia adores her cousins! She is always excited to see Adah and Abram. I pray that she gets to be the best of friends with all her cousins. I love living near our family so she can see everyone on a daily basis.
8. Lydia calls my parents "Dearest" and "Buddy". We didn't think those names would stick - but they did! And, boy, does Lydia love seeing her Dearest and Buddy!
9. We have been letting Lydia play outside in the backyard on her own lately and it's so much fun watching her play independently. When I'm out there with her, she wants me to push her in the swing or she sits with me. But, when it's just her, she plays in her little house, talks with her dolls, rides in her car. Super cute and super fun to watch.
10. Lydia loves the piano! She always wants to "sing" and play the piano. She likes to "teach" me - I sit and play and she sits in the chair I use during lessons. She will tell me, "No, play, C, play C!" And she wants to write on the music like I do (I tell her only Mommy gets to write).




No comments:

Post a Comment