Friday, October 5, 2012

I'm H2O Intolerant

I have not been keeping up with my weekly activities for Lydia. There are simply not enough hours in the day - at least, not enough hours in which I am being productive. I really don't like doing chores while Lydia naps - that's my time to relax and be on my own, not time to clean the house and do laundry. But, then I don't like to clean while Lydia is awake - I want to watch her play, entertain her, get her to help me with things, go on a walk. One day, I will have a maid come clean my house every week....but until then, the house may be a little messy and clothes may stay in the dryer for awhile! Brian doesn't seem to mind (or notice), so we're all good.
This week we were supposed to learn about Moses. We only got as far as Baby Moses (she water colored a picture of Baby Moses). I don't have any pictures because we used up all the memory on the card and I haven't emptied it yet...oops. I will redo Moses next week and hopefully stick to my routine a lot better. I need to stay motivated and not get lazy! For some reason, I'm much lazier now than I was over the summer....maybe because I have to do everything on my own now; I don't have Brian to help out during the day.
Anyway, the month of October is going to be an extremely busy month! Every weekend is filled with something fun to do. Which is great, but at the same time overwhelming! 

This past weekend, Brian and I rushed up to Austin to visit his parents. His mom was put in the hospital and diagnosed with pneumonia. The doctors also found to large masses in her lung. After helping Brian's sister, Tamara, with her classroom (boy does she have a lot to do!), we headed over to the hospital. Karla was pretty miserable when we got there - couldn't stop coughing and was worn out from the coughing. The nurse finally gave her some strong cough medicine and Karla was able to relax and talk with everyone. We stayed the night Saturday at his parent's house and then visited with them in the morning before heading back to San Antonio. Leah and Jessie were watching Lydia already (Lydia stayed over Friday night - we went to California Pizza Kitchen and watched movies), so she was pretty excited to be back with us.
Lydia got a little sick over the weekend, so I didn't get much sleep Sunday or Monday night. By Tuesday she was better. It was just a cold, but she had a stuffy nose which made it hard to sleep, so she was pretty fussy during the day because she was tired. By Wednesday she was pretty much over it.
This Saturday (tomorrow), we're going to eat at a burger place called Big'z Burgers with our Sunday School group. Hopefully we will get the chance to meet the other members. We're stuck at a table with Leah and Jessie, since we're divided by area groups, as we're the only ones who live in our area. There are a lot of young couples our age in the class, so it would be great to meet some new people and maybe make some new friends.
Sunday we are headed to the Maize Maze after church with the family. We went two years ago and it was a lot of fun! A field of corn is turned into a maze and you try to find your way through, as well as finding all the clues. It will be fun to see how Lydia likes the farm. I bought her a cute pumpkin shirt she'll wear and we can get some good Fall photos of her.
Next Saturday, the 13th, is my mom's birthday and a baby shower for our friend, Ashley. I don't think we have anything planned for that Sunday...maybe a trip to Six Flags for the Fright Fest?! That would be fun!
The Saturday after that, the Pfeiffers will (hopefully) be in town. It all depends on how Karla is doing. She went home from the hospital yesterday after finding out that the masses in her lungs are NOT cancer, but that she does have a very rare form of pneumonia. She is at home resting and resting and really wants to come down on the 19th. If she's unable to, we will definitely head up there to visit. Sara and Michael (her new fiance) will be visiting as well. We'll have a full house and it will be a lot of fun (and a good excuse to clean out the guest room!).
The Saturday after that (the 27th) I am holding a Piano Party for all my students! We're going to play games, learn about a composer, eat some healthy snacks, and play the piano for each other. I have enlisted Brian's help this time, since there are more kiddos and it got crazy last time. I'm also not allowing sweet snacks or even interesting snacks (the food was a big distraction last time). I know the kids will really enjoy getting to see each other and showing off.

Wow, that's a full month! In between I have music at the preschool, piano lessons, I need to schedule a flu shot for Lydia and perhaps a dentist appointment. Lots to do and so little time to do it in!

Last Friday we went to the zoo with Leah and Adah. Here are some pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment