1. Lydia is Potty-Trained! Lydia did amazing the first week of potty-training and has only gotten better. It's gotten to the point where we don't have to ask her as often if she needs to go potty - she tells us when she needs to go. We do put her on the potty before we head off somewhere, when we drop her off at Sunday School, or if we notice she hasn't gone in awhile. I also continually ask her if she needs to go when she's playing with her friends. Over the past month that she's been potty-training, she has only had a handful of accidents - most of these happen when she is playing with friends. She has had a few poopy accidents in her underwear. She has only managed to poop once in the potty. The other times, she was playing with friends and ended up pooping in her pants. This will be the long process....but we'll get there. At least she's not wetting herself!
2. First Month of Summer Piano Lessons Completed! I have really enjoyed seeing my students over the summer. Of course, I rarely have all nine of them the two days I teach. One or two are off on vacation most weeks. I've only experienced about 2 Mondays where I'm teaching the whole time. This is definitely a blessing...teaching all day was tiring, but worth it. I enjoy getting my lessons "out of the way" on Monday and Tuesday and having the rest of the week free. I love that my two students who started with me in September are totally blossoming! They can sight read their pieces now - we don't have to break it down into sections each time, which is amazing. This month we're studying Ludwig van Beethoven, and these two girls get to play a simplified version of "Ode to Joy" and they love it! I am really enjoying my lessons with the student who is doing the Edna Mae Burnam books. I really like these books. From now on, any student who is 8 and older, will learn from these books. She takes it slow and it makes sense and my student is doing great! So far, none of my students have accomplished the One Minute Challenge (naming and playing 21 notes on the staff). I was worried that maybe it was impossible to do it in a minute....nope....I can do it in 24 seconds! My oldest student is only 17 seconds away from getting to a minute. All of them are making progress each week, which is great.
3. Brian is Working at the Movie Theater! At first, he didn't want to go to work each time. But, I know that he enjoys it. It is hard not having him at home in the evenings or during the day, since I just got used to having him around all the time. But, I'm sure he enjoys the break from home and socializing with people. Last week, we had the grandparents babysit the girls overnight and we (Leah, Jessie, Brian and I) watched Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It was really good! We then went out to eat at Red Robin. Jessie went home and we watched Brave (not as good as I thought it would be). Brian working at the theater definitely has it's perks.
4. Month One Down of Exercising Each Morning! Leah and I have been very good at getting up before 7:00 and exercising. We used Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred for the first 4 weeks. We didn't seem to get any results and it the exercises weren't challenging (but the Level 2 exercises were too challenging). So, we decided to do different exercises. On Pinterest I found a good one that is intense and gets us moving. I'm a little sore from it today, so hopefully it will do the trick. After working out, we go on a 2 mile walk with the babies. It's nice being active. Hopefully we'll lose our goal weight of 10 pounds each. I also started a 1200 calorie a day diet which will hopefully work as well. I'm hungry, but it's interesting realizing how many calories are in my favorite foods. I've been good this whole past month with not snacking throughout the day or eating after dinner, so the 1200 isn't too difficult.
5. We Cut Down the Tree! On Monday morning, my dad, my uncle and Brian started cutting down the tree in our front yard. Last summer, several woodpeckers pecked so many holes in the tree, it started to rot. We were worried it would fall - and we didn't want it falling on our house. So, we cut it down. Our neighbor across the street (who always has a very well-kept yard) saw the guys working, brought over his chainsaw, and cut most of the tree down for us! What a great neighbor! We just have the stump in the ground. There is a large stump sitting in the yard because we found baby birds in a hole. We will wait until they are grown or die before removing that tree.
6. It's Independence Day! Yeah for July 4th! One of my favorite holidays! We get to spend time with family and friends, eat home made ice cream, swim in the pool, and watch fireworks!
7. It's Almost Grandy's 90th Birthday Extravaganza! This weekend all our cousins are coming in to celebrate Grandy turning 90. My mom and dad have a ton of things planned. Already my Aunt and Uncle (who live in Saudi Arabia) are here. My oldest brother is coming in today. And everyone else arrives Friday. I'm excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment