I have a lot to be excited about. Here are some upcoming events that I'm looking forward to (in order):
Musikgarten Training in Dallas:
I am going to be the new music teacher at the preschool this year! I am so excited, but nervous and worried. Will I be a good teacher? Will the kiddos like me? Will I be able to control a classroom of preschoolers? Will I be able to teach them what I have planned?
The best thing about teaching music at the preschool is that I only have to teach once a week - on Wednesdays! That means I get to spend more time at home with Lydia and can start expanded my piano lessons business by taking on more kids (although it'd be great it I still only had lessons on Mondays and Tuesdays...). The next best thing about teaching music is that I get to do two of my favorite things at the same time - teach kids and teach music! Perfect!
Anyway, the preschool uses the Musikgarten curriculum, and, since this is my first year, I am really relieved that there is an actual curriculum! AND that there is training for this curriculum! The training is in Dallas from Wednesday through Friday. The preschool is paying for my training and for my hotel! It's like a mini vacation...except most of the time will be spent sitting and learning. Brian is able to get off work so that we can both go up to Dallas. Lydia is staying with my parents.
The only down side to our "vacation" in Dallas? The pools (indoor and outdoor) are under renovation!
![]() |
| Flash Back! July 2011 - playing the piano with Lydia! |
My 26th Birthday!
I turn 26 on July 30th! I'm not really that excited about be 26, but I just love birthdays! And I love celebrating them with my family. Leah and I are having our birthday dinner (which will include Jessie, since his birthday is in July, too) Sunday the 29th. We'll hang out at my parent's house, swimming and playing games. Then, my mom makes us whatever we want for dinner and then we get to have cake! Leah is having home made ice cream as her "cake" and I'm having home made ice cream cookies (home made cookies and store bought ice cream). Jessie hasn't decided what he's having yet.
Brian has been hinting at my presents for my birthday and I'm excited. He always gives the best presents! My Lorie Line tickets were supposed to be my birthday present, but he just can't help himself. I wish I were as good at giving gifts as he is.
![]() |
| Flash Back! Our 21st Birthday! |
Twins Days Festival!
A few days after our birthday, we're heading off to Twinsburg, Ohio for the Twins Festival! We haven't been since 2008 and I am so excited. My mom and Nellie are coming along with us. We're leaving the boys and babies at home. Jessie and Adah will be in Austin with Jessie's parents and Lydia gets to spend time with her Austin grandparents, since Brian will have work (and he can have a mini break).
We started going to the Twins Festival back in 2003, when we were 16. We loved it from the start. It's just amazing seeing all these people who look just alike! Everyone stares at everyone. There's a talent show, yummy food, local crafts, and the research area (where we get paid to let them experiment on us!). It is so much fun.
We decided to not take the husbands this year. We figured they'd be bored and wouldn't have any fun. We stay at the festival ALL day! We also didn't want to take the babies, since they'd have a hard time staying out in the sun all day long. We decided to have Nellie come so all the Dunlap girls can enjoy a vacation together.
Leah and I just finished picking out our 4 matching outfits for the festival. It took us two days and several stores to find everything! We have a special, home made outfit for the plane ride. Then we need an outfit for the Friday Hot Dog Picnic. Saturday is the parade and hanging out at the festival (we have two possible outfits for this day). Sunday we spend part of the day at the festival and then we're heading home.
![]() |
| Our last time in Twinsburg, Ohio! 2008! |
After these three events, it's almost time for Brian to start setting up his classroom. His older sister, Tamara, will also be in a brand new classroom this year, so they're going to help each other set up their classes. I will spend at least one day at Brian's new school helping. August 20th is Brian's first day back at the school for teachers. And August 27th is the first day of school!
I will be heading for two training/meeting days for the preschool on the 20th and 27th and then meet the teacher day is the 31st. We don't start the preschool until after Labor Day. It's getting closer and closer!
In other news, Lydia is officially (basically) 100% potty trained! She usually wakes up from nap and bed with her diaper completely dry, unless she pooped in it. While at Six Flags the other day, I put her in a swim diaper (just in case). She asked to use the potty twice while wearing her swim diaper! I put her in her diaper and pajamas before we headed off to get Brian from work the other night and she asked to use the potty instead of just going in the diaper! She woke up at 2:00 last night, so I took her potty and she went right away. She woke up at about 7:15 and then just hung out in bed until 8:45 (probably slept at some point) and was still completely dry!
She was so amazingly easy to potty train, I hope my future children are just as easy! But, she was SO READY! It made it a whole lot easier that she enjoyed walking around naked, but never wanted to wet herself. She is so good at going potty before we leave, or when we get somewhere. She's also really good at holding it! Now our challenge is to get her to poop in the potty and not in her diaper during nap. I'm thinking of getting rid of diapers during nap and having her sleep in her panties....maybe that will solve the problem...we'll see.
And I leave you with a super cute picture of Lydia:




No comments:
Post a Comment