Summer is almost over, so we're trying to have as much fun as a family as we can before it's off to work.
I can't wait for the weather to get a bit cooler so we can spend more time outside. Lydia constantly wants to go outside and I have to keep saying that it's too hot. If she finally convinces me to take her out, her face immediately turns red and then she wants me to carry her because it's so hot. So, I have started being creative about ways to entertain her inside the house. When she has Adah or Abram over, she's perfectly happy to stay inside. But, when it's just boring old mom and dad, she needs lots of entertaining!
So, here are some ideas I came up with this week.
Body Painting
Adah joined in with us on this one. I put a huge piece of paper (thanks to extra school supplies via Brian) on the ground and taped it on the floor with masking tape. I put small globs of different colored paint all around the paper. Once Lydia and Adah were finished snacking, I took off their clothes and put them in the paint.
![]() |
| Add caption |
Lydia loved the paint right away, but Adah was a bit more hesitant. I put Adah right in the paint and then she started getting more interested in it.
Music Time
Adah joined us for this one, too. I put out the music instruments I have: a drum, small piano, and a xylophone. Lydia immediately picked up the drum and started playing. She played the drum for like 10 minutes! Adah thought the drum was cool, too, but Lydia had the claim on it. So, Adah played the piano and xylophone. Lydia liked it when I sang songs while she played the drums.
Baking
Lydia really wanted to go outside today, but it was just too hot. So, I asked her what else she wanted to do. She went into her bathroom and started dragging out her step stool, wanting to take it to the kitchen. So, I asked her if she wanted to bake something and she said, "Yeah!" I got out my recipe book and found a recipe for Banana Cake - and we had all the ingredients!
Lydia loves to bake and she's actually really good at pouring and stirring. I love how she always wants to help.
.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment