Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Forgive Me, Madam, For Taking Up So Much of Your Time

Another potty training update.

It is currently Day 7 of potty training and Lydia is doing amazing! She will actually catch herself and ask to go potty (tinkles a bit in her undies). We no longer sit her on the potty every hour. We let her decide when she wants to go, since she's good at telling us. We do ask her - a lot - if she needs to go, but her answer is usually "no". Before we go outside or on an outing, she must go potty, though. She has come to realize this. Today, when she asked to go outside, I told her she had to go potty first. She willingly sat on the potty and went right away. We immediately went outside!
She has yet to attempt to poop in the potty, but this will eventually come. I don't know when I'll be ready to get rid of the diaper at nap time. Probably when she starts waking up with a dry diaper pretty consistently. The bedtime diaper won't be for a long while - I think 2 is too young to expect her to stay dry all night long.
Tomorrow we are going to Sea World...her second long outing while potty training. She went to Fiesta Farm on Monday with Brian, Grandma, Leah and Adah. She had no accidents! Brain brought the portable potty with him and Lydia used it well. Friday she's going to the Kiddie Park with my parents, which will be so much fun for her! And Saturday we're going to the Snake Farm. It'll be a fun week!

We've had a fun summer so far. Yesterday was a great no-make-up day for me and we stayed in comfy clothes all day long! I made up a weekly chore chart for both Brian and me and we've done well keeping up with our chores. Yesterday, Brian took Lydia to Wal-Mart so I could get the kitchen clean. Today, I had the bathrooms, dark clothes to wash and the front of the house to vacuum. 
Yesterday, Lydia and I did several fun activities. I use Jean Warren's website to find cute ideas for Lydia to do. I printed out a muffin shape and had Lydia draw on it with colored pencils. Then she added blueberries - cut out blue dots from construction paper. Then, we made blueberry muffins. She loves pouring in ingredients and stirring. She also enjoyed tasting the muffin mix. Afterwards, we painted each other's nails. She loves getting her nails painted and this was the first time I let her paint her own and mine. We had so much fun!




1 comment:

  1. She's doing so amazingly! I'm glad I get to keep up with how you're raising her, because I feel like I'm learning a lot about parenting through you :)

    And goodness, those crayons (pencils?) are COOL.

    ReplyDelete