Friday, October 28, 2011

There is Just One Place That Can Light My Face

3. Write about your family.

I love my family. I love that most of us live close together. And now that I live near everyone, I can't imagine living far away. I love being able to see my parents and siblings whenever I want. And, I love that Lydia gets to see all her extended family often. Brian and I didn't have the opportunity while growing up...we know Lydia is blessed.

My parents are Rick and Jan. My dad was in the Marine Corps for a very long time. He retired back in 2005 and moved to Texas. He now works as a contractor, usually helping out/teaching the African military. My parents met at Texas A&M and married right before my dad graduated from college. I have lived in (in order) Virginia, Okinawa (Japan), Hawaii, North Carolina, New York, and then Virginia again. I moved to Texas in order to go to college in 2004.
I have 5 siblings. Jay is the oldest. He lives in New York and is an aspiring artist (painter, writer, musician). Then Marc, who is married to Rekeisha and they have Abram (and they live down the road from us). Then there's Leah, my twin, who is married to Jessie and they have Adah (and they live across the street from us). Then there's me.... And then Nellie, who is almost 21 and works with animals and is currently in college. And then the baby, Thomas, who is 13 and in 8th grade.
My grandfather, or Grandy, also lives nearby. He was also in the military, so my mom has always moved around. 
Brian's parents live in Austin. He has an older sister, Tamara, who teaches in Ecuador, and a younger sister, Sara, who is going to UT. His dad is an engineer and his mom is a teacher.

Dunlap Family Photo 2011

Pfeiffer Family Photo 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment