4. A list of things you're good and bad at.
Some things I'm good at:
- Playing the piano
- Reading (and reading out loud)
- Singing songs to Lydia
- Taking care of children
- Writing essays
- Writing long e-mails
Some things I'm bad at:
- My handwriting is sloppy
- Fixing Lydia's hair
- Fixing my hair
- Putting on make up
- Keeping up with my walking (exercise)
- Finishing the laundry in one day
I'm sure there's a lot more...but I can't think of any right now.
We had a great weekend! Saturday, we headed out the door around 9:00 to go to Wal-Mart. Brian wanted to buy a plain orange shirt so he could draw a "pi" sign on it and be "pumpkin pie" for Halloween. But, they didn't have any plain orange shirts. Then we went to the music store so I could get my kiddos so new music. I really wanted super easy beginner classical music, but there wasn't any at my kiddos' level. I also wanted a Christmas book, but, once again, not at my kiddos' level. I did by one of my students a Recital book to go along with her Lesson book - just so she has some extra songs to practice.
Then we stopped off at McDonald's - the first time we went out to eat this month! That's how awesome we are. Our goal was to not go out at all...but we wanted to eat something quick before going to SEA WORLD! It was the perfect day to go - it was only about 70 degrees outside with a breeze, so we weren't even almost hot (or cold). Lydia had a blast going on the kiddie rides and then playing in the big play area at Bay of Play (Brian had fun, too). Then we looked at the penguins, alligators, sea lions and seals. Then we went through The Count's Unhaunted Castle (Lydia was scared) and then watched the Sea Lion show. We had such a great time! It's so much nicer going to Sea World when it's cool. I only enjoyed the water park area when it was hot. But, Sea World is so much more than a water park! Brian and I want to go on our own before the end of the year so we can ride some rides. Leah and I plan on going in November together with the girls.
| Watching the sea lion show. She laughed when the crowd laughed - so funny! |
| She loves the merry-go-round! |
| The big slide with Daddy! |
| Before she was scared of the Unhaunted Castle. |
| My baby and me! |
Saturday night we had a Halloween Party at my parent's house for our Sunday School class, the Better Half. A lot of people showed up and I met a few young moms. I dressed as a Cowgirl (I had everything in my closet) - my boots killed me by the end of the night! Lydia was a princess, of course, but she wouldn't keep her tiara on. Brian was a "tropical depression" - he wore a Hawaiian shirt and carried a bottle of Zoloft (actually tic tacs that he ate every once in awhile). It was a great party! We stayed after everyone had left (and Lydia was asleep upstairs) and ate pizza!
Lydia slept in until 6:30 this morning and then went back to sleep at 7:30 and slept until 8:30. I used her as an excuse to stay in bed, instead of getting up at 8:00 like I should have. We had to get ready for church super fast! But we made it before class started. We went to Sam's Club after church with mom and Thomas - Lydia loves the hot dogs and pretzels. Then, Lydia napped at home and then she went to Petsmart and Wal-Mart with Daddy while I cleaned the house. I detail cleaned the kitchen, cleaned two bathrooms, and vacuumed the whole house while they were gone. When they got home, we watched both cars (Lydia loves exploring the front yard and got to "drive" Daddy's car back into the garage).
I had dinner ready (manicotti) a little after 6:00 and Lydia actually ate it! Then I gave Lydia a bath and Brian cleaned the kitchen. Lydia and I wanted to watch Extreme Home Makeover at 7:00, but Once Upon a Time was on instead. Thomas came over to hang out until mom could pick him up and Lydia played around until 7:20, when football started. Lydia was put in bed and then I hand wrote 17 invitations for our neighborhood gathering next Saturday! That took awhile! It was a great, fun, productive and relaxing weekend!
Lydia slept in until 6:30 this morning and then went back to sleep at 7:30 and slept until 8:30. I used her as an excuse to stay in bed, instead of getting up at 8:00 like I should have. We had to get ready for church super fast! But we made it before class started. We went to Sam's Club after church with mom and Thomas - Lydia loves the hot dogs and pretzels. Then, Lydia napped at home and then she went to Petsmart and Wal-Mart with Daddy while I cleaned the house. I detail cleaned the kitchen, cleaned two bathrooms, and vacuumed the whole house while they were gone. When they got home, we watched both cars (Lydia loves exploring the front yard and got to "drive" Daddy's car back into the garage).
I had dinner ready (manicotti) a little after 6:00 and Lydia actually ate it! Then I gave Lydia a bath and Brian cleaned the kitchen. Lydia and I wanted to watch Extreme Home Makeover at 7:00, but Once Upon a Time was on instead. Thomas came over to hang out until mom could pick him up and Lydia played around until 7:20, when football started. Lydia was put in bed and then I hand wrote 17 invitations for our neighborhood gathering next Saturday! That took awhile! It was a great, fun, productive and relaxing weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment