Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oh, She'd Make a Lovely Flower

It's supposed to rain on Saturday! Of course, it was supposed to rain today, and it didn't. I know Lydia's party will work out just fine rain or shine, but I'd prefer shine.
Guess what?! Lydia is officially walking! Leah's definition of "walking" has always been that the baby chooses to walk more than crawl. And this week, Lydia did just that! She attempts to walk everywhere, and can do it really well. I need to get a video of her walking. I love how new walkers hold their arms up to keep their balance. Lydia also breathes really heavy when she walks. It's so exciting watching her grow up and learn and develop. It's amazing! 
Of course, watching her also makes me tear up. She has suddenly started loving her Uncle Jessie. She used to just watch him, but didn't want him to pick her up. But, now she toddles over to him to get picked up and thrown up in the air. Now she reaches for Leah a lot of the time and will walk over to her. Now she will play all on her own outside, exploring all over the porch and yard, without clinging to me. Now she has a mind of her own and makes her own decisions (like throwing her food on the floor instead of eating it). Now she goes where she wants to go, whether she has to climb over something or walk around something. It's amazing!
Every time I look back at pictures of her when she was teeny, I tear up. To imagine everything we went through before her birth, and to think that we're all safe and sound - it makes me want to cry, laugh, and praise God all at once! I know I'm going to cry and cry the day of her party and on her real birthday. To think that God brought us through so much pain and heartache and now we're happy with the most amazing little girl! God is so good!
My next two posts will be of (1) Lydia's birthday party and (2) Lydia's birth story.

The future pianist!



No comments:

Post a Comment