Saturday morning Lydia slept in until 6:30 (an improvement from earlier this week when she was waking up at 5:30). I started cleaning the house and getting decorations organized. Leah came over around 8:40 to take Lydia to her gym class (Lydia didn't enjoy herself...maybe because I wasn't there, or because her teacher, Miss Jenny, wasn't there) so we could get things done without having to worry about Lydia.
The morning started out really dreary and wet, so we didn't move anything outside. I was so worried it would stay that way and I'd have to have the party inside. Around 10:00 it started clearing up. Lydia came home and went down for a nap. I trimmed all the hedges (and did a pretty good job) and cleaned up the yard a bit. Brian was able to mow the lawn around 11:00. The sun was coming out and the weather website predicted no rain for Saturday!
Brian's parents arrived around 12:00, so I was able to take a shower and get myself presentable. We started cutting up the veggies and fruit and making the mini sandwiches. My mom, Thomas and Chris arrived and my mom started putting together Lydia's birthday cake. I had Thomas and Chris blow up balloons and hang them outside, as well as put ice in the cooler and put sodas and water in the cooler. Thomas made an awesome collage of Lydia's pictures on the table by the entrance to the yard.
Lydia wasn't allowing me to get anything done; she just wanted to be held. And my nephew, Abram, was starting to get fussy as well. So, Leah (the baby expert) put both babies down for a nap. They looked so cute laying on blankets on the floor of Lydia's bedroom! Lydia was able to take an hour nap before our first guests arrived. We quickly got her dressed in her homemade onesie and tutu. She also wore a tiara that Leah had purchased from Disney World two years ago. So cute!
Lydia was so excited when her friends arrived! I think she was surprised to see her friends from the center at her house! She rode around in the wagon with them, colored, and talked with them. The one thing I had forgotten was how hot Texas can be, even in May! The babies had red faces (Lydia gets hot really easily), and we were all sweating. But, the kiddos still had fun playing with the balls in the yard, going on wagon rides, and coloring princess pictures.
We sang Happy Birthday and Lydia got to try her cake - which she refused to do. She smashed it with her hand and smeared the cake in her hair (she wasn't eating much that day). Her friends thought the cake was tasty, at least. We headed inside shortly after cake in order to open presents (and cool off). Lydia loved opening all her presents and got quite a lot! She loves all the new toys and I love all the new clothes! She is set! So many cute outfits to wear next weekend at the beach!
All in all, her 1st birthday party (and my first party as a hostess at my house), went very smoothly! All of her friends showed up. I was so happy that Lydia was surrounded by people who loved her for her birthday!
 |
| Lydia ready for her party! |
 |
| So pretty! |
 |
| I love this picture! |
 |
| Nellie got stuck pulling Lydia and Abram in the wagon. |
 |
| Coloring princess pictures with friends. |
 |
| Happy Birthday, Lydia! |
 |
| She prefers crackers over cake. |
 |
| Birthday girl! |
 |
| Opening presents! Yeah, beach toys! |
 |
Lydia's "practice" cake made by my mom. The actual cake had no chocolate kisses and pink cones. Love it!
|
Today we celebrated Brian's 25th birthday! Lydia definitely didn't let us sleep in this morning, but oh well. We went to the 10:00 service at church (Lydia did great in the nursery) so Brian could go to HEB afterwards to get hot dogs and hamburgers for his party. Everyone started showing up at 3:00 and we chowed down! My mom made home made ice cream as his "cake" - delicious! I am so glad Brian was surrounded by friends and family for his birthday! They helped make it a special day!
Now it's just one more week of teaching for Brian and he starts his summer vacation! And, I have a four day work week, and then it's time to head to the beach! I am excited for summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment