Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ah, Yes, I Remember It Well...

We just finished putting away our Christmas presents, and will start putting away all the Christmas lights and the tree after New Years. It was an amazingly fun first Christmas in our house, and an even more amazing first Christmas for Lydia!
Christmas started last week, on the 18th when Brian's parents and sister came for Christmas #1. They are in Ecuador to be with Brian's sister, Tamara, for Christmas, so they came a week early to celebrate with us. Lydia was up and ready to play by 6:30. We had breakfast at 8:00, then Lydia went down for her morning nap. Surprisingly, she slept 2 hours, so we started opening presents late. Lydia loved tearing and eating the Christmas paper. She would look at her presents for a bit, but then go back to the paper and the bows. The Pfeiffers gave her a Little Tykes swing for outside. Brian put her in it inside and she loved it! She laughed and laughed! We can't wait to have it hanging up on our porch - Lydia's going to enjoy that for a long time! Another cute gift Lydia got was a pair of Brian's old shoes from when he was a toddler! Too cute! 


The Pfeiffers stayed until Sunday. We were able to play games and stay up late Saturday night, then went to church Sunday morning. They are in Ecuador now and enjoying their Christmas with Tamara.
The work week at Family Infant Home Care was easy. We had 4 kids on Monday, 3 on Tuesday, and 2 on Wednesday and Thursday. Leah and I did half days on Wednesday and Thursday. I took the morning shift (6:45 to 1:00) on Wednesday, and of course Leah was able to get off by 4:30 that day. I took the afternoon shift on Thursday, and didn't finish until 6:00! Oh well! Brian and I went to San Marcos on Wednesday to get gifts from Colloquium. Then we stopped off at Marketplace Theatre (where I used to work) to chat with our friend Darla and her two boys. Then we headed to Rolling Oaks Mall to finish up Christmas shopping. Thursday we dropped Lydia off with my parents then went to see UNSTOPPABLE (with Denzel Washington) - it was really good! Then, I went to work, and after that we dropped Lydia off again with my parents to go to Maggianos for our date night. It was pretty good, though we both like Olive Garden better.
Friday we spent most of the morning in bed, relaxing. Lydia woke up at 6:00 and watched The Wiggles Christmas show on my iPhone while Brian and I dozed. She then took a nap from 8:00 to 9:00 with us, which was nice. We stayed in the house until it stopped raining, then headed to Barnes & Noble so I could get two new books, then over to my parents house. Lydia did really well during the Christmas Eve service at church (she was very quiet, though wiggly), and slept while we drove around looking at Christmas lights.


Our Christmas #2 was at 6:30am Saturday. We opened up our stockings and present from Santa (I got SOUND OF MUSIC on DVD), then our presents from each other. It was so nice just opening presents with the three of us there, loved it! Lydia took a 2 hour morning nap, so I did, too. Then we headed over to my parents to have Christmas #3. Lydia got the cutest little chair from my parents! And a cute little rocking pony from Aunt Nellie!


All in all, it was a successful, fun 2010 Christmas! I can't wait until New Years!

1 comment:

  1. Is your subject line from Gigi? Love it.

    It sounds like you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete