Friday, December 31, 2010

7 Month Update

Can you believe that Lydia Patience is 7 months old?! She is 16lbs 3oz and over 27 inches long! I can't believe how big she's gotten! She can still fit in most 3-6 onesies, but usually wears 6 month onesies. She doesn't fit in 6 month pants...she can still fit in her newborn pants! She's got a skinny waist, but long legs, so she needs the 3-6 month pants. She's got a lot of hair that curls when it gets wet and just sticks up all over her head. I have to put it in a pony to control it. She's getting her haircut today or tomorrow so it won't be so scraggly and stick up in the back. She has two bottom teeth and I keep thinking she's getting the two top, but they refuse to come in - they just like to cause her to get a mild temperature and drool a lot!



New things Lydia does:
  • She started sitting up unsupported at the end of November. She can't get into a sitting position on her own, but she's really steady when she sits and can get onto her tummy (by accident and on purpose) while sitting. She loves sitting and playing with toys and watching her friends.
  • She loves to stand and hold onto furniture. She sometimes forgets that she can't let go, so she will fall over. She has a new play table toy that she loves to stand at! She no longer likes tummy time. I try to get her on her tummy so she might start crawling and moving, but she doesn't like it for very long!
  • She loves it when her friends arrive at daycare! She just starts smiling and kicking her legs. As soon as we walk into Leah's house in the morning she gets excited. She loves playing with the toys and watching her friends play. Her friends are good at giving her hugs and kisses and they hand her toys to play with.
  • She has started using consonant-vowel combination sounds. She likes to go "mmmmmaa" and will say "na" and "ga". I love hearing her babble to herself.
  • She sleeps mostly through the night! She is usually in bed by 6:15 or 6:30 and will sometimes wake up at 9:00 or 9:30 and I will nurse her (if she doesn't wake up I will dreamfeed her). She usually won't wake up again until 3:00 or 4:00, or not at all! Sometimes I even have to wake her up at 6:30 to get to work on time! She will usually take about an hour nap at 8:45 or 9:00 and then another hour nap at 12:30 to 1:30 and about a 45 minute nap at 4:30. On weekends, she will take about a 2 hour nap in the morning and then another 2 hour nap in the afternoon.
  • She has started Stage 2 jarred foods. I have given her garden veggies and she loves them, and the bananas. I'm sure she'll love all the new flavors! She loves to eat jarred food and snack on crackers, goldfish, and French Fries. She tries to drink whatever I'm drinking and prefers my cup to her sippy cup.
I love all the new things she does and watching her grow bigger and bigger! It's so exciting when she does something new! She can be so goofy and playful and I love it! She's not much of a cuddler (she moves around too much), but my favorite time is early in the morning when I nurse her and she is still and sweet! Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment