We just got back from a great trip to Georgia for my friend's wedding! We met Leah C. when we lived on Long Island, New York - we were next door neighbors. Leah C. was friends with Rachel B. The four of us then became Leah, Leah, Rachel, Rachel! We have kept in moderate contact since we all left New York (in 2001). We went to each other's high school graduations, they came to my bridal shower (stayed a few days), Leah C. came to Leah's wedding, and now we all went to Leah C.'s wedding! My Leah was a bridesmaid, as was Rachel B., and I played the piano. It was a blast!
This was Lydia's first time on an airplane and I was so worried that she wouldn't do well! But, luckily (I guess), Lydia was up at 6:00 Thursday morning, went down for a nap by 8:30, but only slept until 9:00 - she usually takes an 1.5 nap in the morning. She was very tired by the time we got to the airport around 10:30 and very tired by the time we got on the plane! She slept off and on in my arms the whole way. She didn't even cry when we were taking off or landing! Plus, I actually nursed her in the plane, which was totally un-embarrassing for me.
We drove from Atlanta to Marietta to our hotel (got stuck in traffic) and met up with Leah and Rachel that evening. We went to a "Mexican" restaurant, which was actually decent and had spicy salsa! My Leah went to stay with Leah and Rachel at Leah's house, while I stayed at the hotel with my mom and Lydia. This was Lydia's first time in a hotel. She went to sleep around 8:45 and slept in my bed. I went to bed at 9:45. Lydia was up about every 3 hours and wanted to nurse (not be patted back down) and had a really stuffy nose. The plane ride made her cold worse. She woke up at 5:45 and was ready to play. We played in the little bathroom - sink area so Grandma could sleep, then went down for breakfast at 6:30. Lydia took her morning nap (and I took it with her) at 7:30 and slept until 8:30. We went to the mall and Lydia took her first photo in Santa's lap and didn't cry!
The wedding rehearsal was at 5:00 that evening. My mom took Lydia on a stroller ride all around the church while I stood in for a bridesmaid that wasn't present, since I wasn't able to go through the music that night. The rehearsal dinner was at Nathan's (Leah C.'s new husband) parent's house and it was delicious! Everyone adored Lydia and wanted to hold her. She slept in my mom's arms while chatted and we left around 8:00. Lydia slept a little bit better Friday night, but woke up around 2:30 screaming and crying and didn't fall back to sleep until 4:00. She then woke up at 5:30 but didn't really want to get up and it took me an hour to convince her to go back to sleep. Her nose was bothering her, again, and she was coughing.
Lydia was dressed in her pretty red wedding dress for the wedding ceremony. She was asleep in the cry room the whole time, but then enjoyed hanging out with the bridesmaids while they were taking pictures. The ceremony was beautiful and I played really well with a professional violinist. The violinist was really nice and understanding (and said I played beautifully) and helpful. Leah C. (now Leah F.) was beautiful in her gown and my sister and Rachel B. looked beautiful as well.
The reception was lovely and Lydia loved watching all the little kids running around and even made friends with a little boy who liked to give her kisses! She fell asleep during the loud music and dancing (somehow) but was awake to blow bubbles at the bride and groom. Rachel B. came back to our Atlanta hotel with us, so we had a chance to chat on the way, which was great. Lydia was able to get a pack and play crib from the hotel and slept much better Saturday night (although Aunt Leah said she felt like she woke up a ton of times that night - she's used to sleeping through the night).
Lydia's return flight was really good. She fell asleep across my legs and slept almost the entire way! I am so thankful and amazed at the great job she did the entire trip. If only she didn't have a cold she would have had much more fun! I am also thankful for my mom who was such a big help! I couldn't have made the trip without her!





I'm so impressed with Lydia! I hope she's feeling better now.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Leah C/F! I'm headed to NYC this weekend and I'll be sure to think of you guys :)