Brian and I just celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary! It seems like we have been together much longer than that. We met in February of 2006, but were not immediately friends. He was, technically, my superior, and I was quite intimidated by this super tall guy with long hair and a goatee. We both worked at Showplace Theatre in San Marcos. He had worked there awhile before I started. After a few months we became friends. I allowed him to take me disc golfing (never did that again!) and we hit it off. Over the summer we called each other and he visited San Antonio a few times. In August it was back to school and back to work. And we started dating. By January I knew I wanted to marry this guy. He was sweet, funny and smart. He helped me get over being so serious, made me laugh, and tutored me in math. In turn, I gave him a haircut, taught him how to take some things seriously, and helped him in English. By June we were engaged. And by January we were married!
So much has happened in our three years of marriage. We have learned how to compromise, how to make each other laugh (and cry), and we have learned how to work as a team. Some other things that have happened in three years:
1. Brian became general manager at Showplace and I worked at Marketplace in New Braunfels, since they don't allow married couples to work together
2. We moved to New Braunfels to student teach.
3. We graduated from Texas State December of 2008.
4. We moved to San Antonio to live with my sister and her husband in a house my parents rented to us. I worked at Bright Horizons and Brian worked at Regal Fiesta.
5. We went on our first family vacation to Disney World!
6. Brian started work at First Mark Credit Union in order to get better hours to spend time with me and we found out we were pregnant!
7. Brian got a long term substitute job in New Braunfels and I quit Bright Horizons to work from home at our daycare with Leah.
8. We were in a car accident that reminded us how wonderful and powerful God is!
9. Our baby, Lydia, was born safe and sound!
10. Brian got a full time teaching position at New Braunfels Middle School!
So many wonderful things have happened in just 3 years - I can't even imagine how many more wonderful things will happen in 3 more!
No comments:
Post a Comment