Saturday, February 16, 2013

You Would Not Believe What I Have Been Through Tonight!

It's been a rough few days here in the Pfeiffer household. Brian has been staying late at school, I started a new job, and then, to top it off, Lydia gets sick. Thankfully, Lydia is a trooper and didn't stay sick for very long. And, despite staying late, Brian had a good attitude all week and we still managed a very nice Valentine's Day dinner.

Tuesday: I started working at Bibleland Buddies at church Tuesday mornings from 8:30 to 12:30. There is a Women's Bible Study (and possibly a few other Bible studies) on Tuesday mornings and there is childcare for the women. The Bibleland Buddies take care of the kiddos while their moms are in the Study. I worked in the young 2's room - it was super easy and laid back and there were only 5 kids! Lydia got to go to her own class and had a lot of fun. Working these 4 hours a week, and possibly other days, will give me the chance to save up for Lydia's preschool tuition in the Fall. Plus, I am already in the system for working over the summer to make up for not working at the preschool. And, like I said, it's really easy (so far anyway).

Thursday: Thursday was Valentine's Day. Lydia and I relaxed in the morning and right before nap time, I made her a Valentine's Sensory Bath. I thought she would like it a lot more than she did....but she was tired and only interested for a bit. I dyed the water red (didn't stain the bathtub, but did stain her swimsuit a bit), cut out hearts from foam to stick on the walls when wet (these did leave a little mark on the tub), sprinkled fake rose petals in the water, and had hearts on a stick for her to play with. She loves it when the water is dyed and would have had more fun if she hadn't been so tired. For some reason that day, she wanted to take a nap at 12:30!! I ended up putting her down at 12:40, because that's what she wanted, but then she didn't fall asleep until almost 1:30! And, of course, I had make up piano lessons at 3:15 and had to wake her up from her nap at 3:00 (she wasn't too  happy about that).


My mom picked Lydia up around 4:30 so she could spend the night with her cousins. I was then able to clean up the house a bit, get dinner ready and get pretty for Brian. He stayed late at the basketball game, but was able to get home earlier than he thought - around 7:30. I had the table set up with a red tablecloth, a candle, and fake rose petals spread out on the table. I made a yummy chicken and broccoli pasta. We were able to have a nice, long dinner - talking and just enjoying the food. So much nicer than a quick dinner with a toddler constantly getting up and down and crying and interrupting us. After dinner and clean up, Brian gave me his Valentine's present - a new blender to make smoothies! Yeah! 

Friday: I worked at the preschool on Friday during the parent/teacher conferences. Lydia joined me around 10:30 when my mom dropped her off at the church. She was excited about all the friends and toys at first, but then showed signs of getting really tired. My mom had said that the cousins had stayed up late (til 10:45!) and woken up early....so I figured she was overly tired and worn out. I was able to leave a little early and we headed home. Lydia fell asleep on the way home, but woke up when I got her out of the car. While getting her changed for nap, she did a nasty-throw-up-like burp that made her quite upset. I got a little worried, but she didn't throw up and fell right to sleep. She woke up about 2 hours later, but wasn't in the best mood and just wanted to lay on the bed. She said her stomach hurt and that she was tired. We were laying on my bed (luckily I had thrown off the comforter and just had the flat sheet out to cover us up) when she wanted to lay in my lap. Then, of course, she threw up all down herself, down me, and onto the bed. As I was gathering her and the blankets up, she threw up again. I managed to get her to throw up once in the toilet in her bathroom. She was upset, I was anxious for her, it wasn't fun. I cleaned her up, cleaned myself up and the bed and got her situated in the front room (our room without a carpet). I put a big blanket down on the floor, put the small TV out there to watch a movie, and put some pillows down for us to lay on. About 30 minutes after throwing up, she was in a better mood and playing quietly. She didn't throw up again, but hasn't eaten much since yesterday. Brian didn't come home until almost 11:00 because he chaperoned at the Middle School Valentine's Dance.

Saturday: Today has been a lazy, boring day for Lydia and me. Brian left at 6:30 for school, as there was some UIL event going on that he would be at until 3:30. Lydia had woken up at 6:15, crying and acting like she needed to throw up, but she didn't. She woke up again at 7:15 and was ready to get out of bed by 8:00. She asked for a fruit bar and cereal for breakfast, but didn't eat much of either. While she rested, watched TV, and played with stickers and markers, I got busy cleaning the house. I was so bored, I needed something to do! We tried going on a walk, but she got fussy and didn't want to stay out very long. She asked to go down for a nap at 12:30 and fell asleep right away! She slept almost 2 and 1/2 hours and was in a great mood when she woke up! After a snack and some playtime inside, we decided to go outside. 

I put together a sensory tub for her with crushed ice, blue food coloring, and some salt to keep the ice from melting too fast. I put her painting smock on her and put the tub outside in the sun. She had a fun time stirring the ice and then putting some into a bowl. She pretended that the ice in the bowl was food that she was preparing for supper. She brought it into her play house and spent awhile stirring and adding dirt to make supper. 


After that, she played with her tee-ball set. She is not very athletic....I think she takes after me!


And I leave you with two cute pictures of my Princess Lydia. (And yes, she needs her bangs cut in these pictures.)




No comments:

Post a Comment