Monday, February 18, 2013

And Those Guys from the Christmas Decorations Box. They're Fun, Right?

Happy President's Day!

We have done absolutely nothing to celebrate today...other than laying around the house most of the morning. Brian is off work, so it's great to have him home on a Monday. Lydia woke up at 6:45 this morning, talking to herself. Brian convinced her to go back to sleep until after 7:30. Brian got up with her in the morning because he needed to finish some grading before he had to turn it in by 8:30...so I got to snooze a bit longer than usual on a Monday.
Brian went off to get his haircut at 9:00 and was home less than 30 minutes later. After, that, I straightened up the living room and front room, getting ready for my three piano students this morning. I cancelled all my afternoon students, but kept my morning ones, and one was coming in for a make-up lesson. Five minutes before they were expected to arrive (as Brian and I were discussing what he and Lydia could do during the lessons), I got a text saying that they were not coming. Oh well. I was able to vacuum and clean up some more, and Brian got to finish making his boiled eggs. 
My 11:30 came and we decided to do an hour lesson to make up for the missed one last week and the one this week. Hour lessons are not as difficult as they seem. I actually enjoyed doing an hour lesson with K because we could really take our time. I hardly ever have time to work on theory with her, since we're doing her lesson book, but today we got to do some theory. And we got to start working on her "fun" (slash-challenging) song, Taylor Swift's Love Story. K is a very hard worker and I really enjoy having her for lessons and doing an hour lesson with her went by super fast!
We had lunch and Lydia is down for a nap. When she wakes up we plan on doing something fun (haven't figured out what, yet) and then getting Frozen Yogurt for dinner. Yummy!

Yesterday was a beautiful day, so we just had to spend the morning playing outside. We were extremely lazy and missed church. We had several excuses, but the main one was that it was nice relaxing at home as a family. Here are some pictures of what we did yesterday.






No comments:

Post a Comment