I'm waiting for dinner to bake. Brian is in the living room with Lydia, watching Yo Gabba Gabba. I just had to post this picture of Lydia and her blankets! She has recently become very attached to these two blankets. One is a pink princess blanket that I got when we bought Lydia's crib from a friend's friend. The other is a quilt made by my friend, Katie. When I first started covering her up in the crib, I used a small blanket (one of her baby blankets). Then I used her princess blanket that had been hanging over her glider. I replaced the princess blanket with the quilt over the glider. Lydia saw the quilt one night and now wants both blankets in her crib, but only wants to be covered up by the quilt.
Now she's into taking both blankets out of the crib and bringing them to the couch. She likes to sit on the couch, covered up by the blankets. She has also stuffed both blankets into her baby's stroller (with her baby and her sippy cup inside)....this caused a few problems when the blankets would fall out and get stuck under the stroller's wheel. I had to constantly restuff the blankets into the stroller.When we went to Leah and Jessie's house for lunch after church on Sunday, Lydia wanted to bring her blankets over, too (we planned on her taking a nap at Leah's house).
I think it's super cute that she likes her blankets! I just wish they were a bit smaller.... When she was an infant, I tried to get her to like a "lovie" - a pink elephant blanket that is nice and small and cute. But, that never took, mainly because her comfort item was her pacifier. Now she doesn't have a pacifier during the day (only at nap and bedtime), so I guess these blankets are her comfort items.Lydia and I had a great day today! Despite being cloudy in the morning, and Lydia not sitting still during Story Time at the library (and screaming and taking off her shoes), we had a great time together at home. We sang songs and played with her doll house. She took a 2 hour nap and then we were able to go on a walk (with baby and baby's stroller) outside, since the sun had come out and it had decided not to rain. I love taking her on walks! She waves hi to every car that passes and anyone she sees. She likes to stop and pick up sticks and rocks. She likes to stop, sit on the sidewalk, and watch airplanes fly by. She babbles the whole time, and she's really good at pushing baby in the stroller. Sometimes, baby wants to get out of the stroller to be held, and even needs it's diaper changed (in the middle of someone's driveway!).
Dinner tonight: Cesar Salad with breaded chicken, garlic crescent rolls, and fruit!

No comments:
Post a Comment